Buying my first PRS - Updated!

yesiamlegion

Hi!

I´m just about to buy my first PRS and have been given (imo) a good price on a American Standard 24(about $950) and really liked the neck. I am aware of the newer S2 line with the standard 24, both version standard and satin one.

I was hoping for some input by you guys on how you think they compare, pickup wise and quality mostly.

Thanks in advance!

Here's a mint 2002 CE-24 for $1100. I'd be all over this deal if I was in the market for a PRS around $1000

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2002-PRS-CE-24-in-excellent-condition-/272972668700

s-l1600.jpg

Wow! really nice but problem is I am in Sweden, there is gonna be wicked shipping and then tax on top of that if the seller even ships over here. Maybe I should have written more about where I am but thanks for the tip! :) I actually had my eyes on a CE22 for about $1050. Its still on the market

Wow! really nice but problem is I am in Sweden, there is gonna be wicked shipping and then tax on top of that if the seller even ships over here. Maybe I should have written more about where I am but thanks for the tip! :) I actually had my eyes on a CE22 for about $1050. Its still on the market

I just bought a minty all original 1999 CE22 yesterday for close to your pricing. IMO if you can get a old original CE24 or CE22 for ~$1100, it is a unbelievable deal. My CE22 and old CE24 (1991) sound far better than my 2012 DGT. I just sold my DGT by the way, because it never got played. Maybe I got a bad DGT. It was sterile and lifeless. I never had a fun date with her. Lots of great memories playing the CE's. I'm sure the old Standard 24 you're looking at will be the a great guitar too!

Last edited:
Standard. Get it yesterday. For local to the US that is a good price. For where you are at, it is a GREAT price.

Back