But I'm SUPPOSED To Have This Amp...

PRS accomplished their goal with the HX/DA. They got primo and famous examples of a couple great amps used on classic albums by iconic guitarists, then duplicate those amps exactly. Done!

So, don't hate me for saying this... Now that those have been out a few years, IMHO, PRS should take exactly what's there, and another switchable gain stage so that you could still have exactly what you have now, or switch in another gain stage. They could call it the HX/DA/VH... if you get my drift... Some of the other boutique guys are doing plexi circuits but adding another gain stage, with very successful results. (RedPlate, etc). I think it's a logical next step and would be VERY popular!

As long as they keep making the standard HXDA as well, heck I'm all for it.

Yeah, I have a current HXDA, but when I do the "Older Than Dirt" Wooly Mammoth & The Cave Men World Tour, I'll probably want to have a backup of the amp I have.

We Neolithics have always played with Rock. Very, very, very Old School. ;)

Quizzes are usually well off base, this one I'm half-and-half on: I don't own a Plexi or any Marshall style amp, but perhaps I should? (Yes: I yearn for an HX/DA.)
I think it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that you need an HXDA.

Hell, everyone does. ;)
So, um, yeah, I kinda stumbled on what I think is a great deal for an HXDA 30W combo.

Should be here early next week, I think. Will know more when I get the shipping notification.

You go, guy. Enjoy that thing!
Outstanding!
It was one of those "browsing around" moments for all my current GAS-inducing models, where I typically see prices much higher than I am comfortable with, and occasionally closer-to-comfortable, and I am mostly just taking a pulse of what is out there - for example there is at least one poster here who has an HXDA 2x12 Combo, which was produced in supposedly very low numbers, and I haven't seen one on the market (there is an old Reverb listing for one from 2015, IIRC).

Then I saw this 1x12 combo for a price that simply couldn't be refused. Paisley and Black Gold. So I snagged it. As is common with this particular retailer, there is very little info on it (year of manufacture, detailed photos), but it was listed in Excellent Condition, so I figure I can't go wrong, and can always return it if it is not functional or something.

I'll post a NAD thread once it arrives! (It has "shipped" but no tracking info yet, so probably label has been printed but it hasn't been picked up or dropped off yet, I reckon.)

It was one of those "browsing around" moments for all my current GAS-inducing models, where I typically see prices much higher than I am comfortable with, and occasionally closer-to-comfortable, and I am mostly just taking a pulse of what is out there - for example there is at least one poster here who has an HXDA 2x12 Combo, which was produced in supposedly very low numbers, and I haven't seen one on the market (there is an old Reverb listing for one from 2015, IIRC).

Then I saw this 1x12 combo for a price that simply couldn't be refused. Paisley and Black Gold. So I snagged it. As is common with this particular retailer, there is very little info on it (year of manufacture, detailed photos), but it was listed in Excellent Condition, so I figure I can't go wrong, and can always return it if it is not functional or something.

I'll post a NAD thread once it arrives! (It has "shipped" but no tracking info yet, so probably label has been printed but it hasn't been picked up or dropped off yet, I reckon.)

I'm right with you on your methods. I was always curious about the DG, but new, too much. At least just to see if my curiosity was just. Every once in a while a deal comes along that is just stupid low. Gotta jump!

Back