Bridge Adjustment

pallajt

General question about bridges - what's the best way to raise/lower your fixed bridge without scratching it? I usually use a flathead screwdriver, and have tried putting a nitrile glove over the tip to prevent scratching the finish on the bridge, but I usually still end up dinging it at least a little. What do you guys do?

I think that kit only works with the two piece bridge, right? I have similar issues with my 1 piece bridge guitars. Not nearly as pleasant to adjust. I find myself migrating towards 2 piece bridges for this very reason.

Kevin

I was specifically referring to the Stop Tailpiece Wrench, that I think is the same size as the stud screws on both the 1 and 2 piece bridges. But I’d check with Stew Mac to make sure, of course.

I think that kit only works with the two piece bridge, right? I have similar issues with my 1 piece bridge guitars. Not nearly as pleasant to adjust. I find myself migrating towards 2 piece bridges for this very reason.

Kevin

This was exactly why I asked this question. The Zach Myers SE is the first guitar I've owned with a one-piece bridge like this. I've got a Hohner Les Paul that has the two piece, and all my others are Fender-style tremolos w/the individual saddles adjusted by the little allen screws.

I was specifically referring to the Stop Tailpiece Wrench, that I think is the same size as the stud screws on both the 1 and 2 piece bridges. But I’d check with Stew Mac to make sure, of course.
When I looked into this previously, it seemed that this was designed for the 2 piece bridge stoptail (which does not really require frequent, if any adjustment), which is way smaller than the 1 piece bridge post screw. As you mention, probably best to check with Stew Mac.

Kevin

I use a cabinet maker's screwdriver for this. Has a large, flat point that won't slip out of the bridge studs.

Jim

MS-ESCREWXX_big.gif

Back