BM

I've certainly had necks that are deeper... I could happily go a touch deeper on the neck as i'm finding I prefer a more chunky neck these days for whatever reason...

Here's a quote from Bernie regarding the neck:

"It's a pretty thick, chunky neck. It's based on a guitar I used to use called 'The Beast' which many of you will be familiar with. So it's quite deep... It isn't super deep, but you know you've got your hand around it once you get used to it."

Probably one of the most comfortable necks i've played on... Maybe would have liked the frets to be a bit taller. Bending and vibrato are a dream on it though!

I just purchased a PRS Bernie Marsed and I love it.. Is there an online owners manual? I did not get one in the shipment (I am a novice going through "Mid Life" didnt have the money when I was young HA!) have a Vox Valvetronix love it and a Slash Crybaby( not very much). My other question is How do I get a "Squeal" sound? Do I need different pickups? My Vox has a a ton of effects, and I understand a squeal has to do with the picking attack. Playing with Ernie balls extra Slinkys.. I really dont know much, but would like to hear from the people that do.

Thanks!!!

How do I get a "Squeal" sound? Do I need different pickups? My Vox has a a ton of effects, and I understand a squeal has to do with the picking attack.
"Squeals" typically come from two sources, pinch harmonics or feedback. Players like Billy Gibbons or Zak Wylde make pinch harmonics a signature to many of their riffs. Google 'pinch harmonics' for a bazillion tutorials. Feedback generally occurs when the output from your amp's speaker energizes the guitar/pickups, causing them to resonate at high frequencies (how was that for my best Em7 impression? :p). Just turn the amp up high, walk up in front of it and let nature take its course. :cool:

Lots of other noise techniques exist, but these are the most well known. You might want to start another thread to keep from hijacking this one too much. ;)

Bernie said at the Experience that a USA model is in the works.....

shocked_face.jpg

Seriously???

Anyone knoiw any legal get rich quick schemes?!?!

I liked the BM I tried at the Experience but the frets seemed tiny after playing a DGT.

Yeah, the frets are surprisingly small. Not causing me issues now but I know once they get to a point they'd normally need levelling and crowned i'll wind up having them pulled and replaced with something a little more meaty.

Back