BM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm a SC245 addict... but they don't make it no mo'...

So I'll keep my SC245 and play it like it's going out of style... wait, maybe it is out of style... oh poo.

This thread needs pix ....

bm.jpg

Nice pic Radish!

Bernie is one of the coolest guys PRS has signed. I got to play his SE at the Experience last year. I was one of the drivers and while driving him around we got to talking about his SE. After one of his sets I was back stage when he came off and he handed me his guitar to play. It was a pretty cool experience for me. I don't usually "jock sniff", but Bernie was really cool and really nice...so I bought one of his models as soon as they arrived in the US. I have not been disappointed. Great sounding pickups, easy to play and I dig the control layout. I love everything about it.

I am loving my Bernie!

Still putting it through the paces. It feels very alive acoustically. Still working to find the sweet spot plugged in.

Suggestions???

blind radish said:
I am loving my Bernie!

Still putting it through the paces. It feels very alive acoustically. Still working to find the sweet spot plugged in.

Suggestions???

What amp are you using? I think as far as the guitar controls go, the guitar sounds best with the volume wide open. I mess with the tone knob a but, but not much.

I use a POD HD500 through a DT-25. I have found that the Bernie sounds best through Marshall JTM45 patch.

I use a bugera v22 with an EQ and a OCD ....in one of the vids I saw Bernie go straight into the amp (dunno type) no effcts, and he had the sweetest singing sustain.

Yeah he goes straight in....The amp can make all the difference.

I would play around with the gain on the amp. Have you tried cranking it and using the Master volume to control the output?

I went direct into my Blues Junior last night ... gain on 9 volume on 5 .... pretty much tickled my tone bone :D

I agree with the nut replacement. I replaced mine with a Tusq nut. Very noticable difference. I also replaced teh bridge pup with a 5909, but the neck pup sounds really really good. I modded the volume of the neck pup for consistency through the volume sweep also...another vast improvement.

Any body notice how when you roll off either volume knob, from full volume, there seems to be a subtle but noticeable volume dip .. almost feels like a detent ....

It's not a bad thing, but I wonder if this is an expected feature on how the electronics work

There are some nice looking guitars in this thread! What's different about these and the SE 245? I see some neck binding and obviously 1 less tone pot, is there a different neck carve?

andy474x said:
There are some nice looking guitars in this thread! What's different about these and the SE 245? I see some neck binding and obviously 1 less tone pot, is there a different neck carve?

A bit... The neck on the Bernie is somewhat based on the neck of his famous '59 burst called 'The Beast'. It certainly felt chunkier than the 245. I mentioned it being quite chunky in my demo but I know someone was slightly disappointed by that as I think they where after a baseball bat.

The other main difference are the tuning pegs. The ones on the Bernie are the vintage style grommet tuners.

Hope you guys don't mind if I drop my demo vid in here: :roll:

[youtube:1bxt8j25]lT7sRliRHH8[/youtube:1bxt8j25]

I was wondering on the neck size, and this is not the first anecdotal field repoert that the neck felt larger than a 245. I think the PRS website spec might still be the "Wide/Fat", but anything erring on the larger end of a W/F would be be cool in my book. I'm always ranting about that stuff. Thanks for the info.

the neck is nowhere near a gibby 50s neck ... but it's "toothsome" in the hand

am i wrong?

Back