Blocking PRS Trem

Waldo Nova

Hi all, long time PRS player and currently own a few CU24's. My question to those that block their trems, what are the ways you accomplish this? I have about half of mine blocked in ways ranging from tightening the screws and inserting small wood shims (all differing thickness on same models, go figure) to lowering the trem until it is flush with the body. Using the shim method, I'm can easily convert back to floating term if I want to.

What ways have you all tried?

Good question. I’m considering non-permanent ways to do this on my CU24 for drop tuning.

I’m considering the Tremol-no, which I had on a Suhr 7 or 8 years ago. Back then, I didn’t like how the thumb screws would occasionally fall off. If I try it on the PRS, I will be sure to leave the backplate on. I won’t need to go back and forth from trem to blocked.

Good question. I’m considering non-permanent ways to do this on my CU24 for drop tuning.

I’m considering the Tremol-no, which I had on a Suhr 7 or 8 years ago. Back then, I didn’t like how the thumb screws would occasionally fall off. If I try it on the PRS, I will be sure to leave the backplate on. I won’t need to go back and forth from trem to blocked.

I was just reading the tremor-no thread. I also recently tried a "term stopper" which was only $10. It's a brass bracket with two screws that pushes against the term underneath. The adjustable screw that rests against the trem is metal on metal so it makes a clink when you release the bar. I removed it.

Hi all, long time PRS player and currently own a few CU24's. My question to those that block their trems, what are the ways you accomplish this? I have about half of mine blocked in ways ranging from tightening the screws and inserting small wood shims (all differing thickness on same models, go figure) to lowering the trem until it is flush with the body. Using the shim method, I'm can easily convert back to floating term if I want to.

What ways have you all tried?

I blocked mine with a piece of cork, which has worked fine.

Back