Black speed knobs???

Kyloc Armis

Anybody have any idea where to find the authentic PRS speed knobs in black from back in the day? I hate lampshades and I have to replace the knobs on my pre lawsuit singlecut.

This has to be the most asked question on this forum in the past year.

Are there some super special PRS speed knobs that I don't know about? All the black speed knobs that pop up when I google "black speed knobs" look about the same to me.

edit: Just looked back. I guess it was just you posting the same thread multiple times over the past year

Haha I'm the opposite, I hate speed knobs and want lampshades, but I need 3 and they're only sold in pairs :(

What color do you need? I'll have to check my parts box, but I'm pretty sure I have 2 clear lampshades, and at least one Amber or black. Can't remember which.

I had three amber lampshades incoming(from John Mann) to replace the speed knobs on my DGT, but I cancelled the order because the Speed Knobs DO look cool on this axe.

I have a sock full of black PRS speed knob's for your lampshades. :cool:
I'd be happy to snag any and all black speed knobs you got if they are the genuine PRS made ones. A lot of people don't realize the PRS speed knobs are slightly different than the average speed knobs as they don't have this little white ticks between the numbers.

Dude, how many SC's do you have? I already sent you all the knobs I had :)
I have a lot lol. I'm a massive fan of the early singlecut so what I do is buy them on eBay for cheap and send them to the PTC for refinishes. I love darker stains though and the black speed knobs look best and are authentic to the period they were made in of course.

How would one identify PRS speed knobs from say, Allparts speed knobs??
Are they serialized? Do they spin faster?
Just curious....
PRS made speed knobs don't have the little white ticks between the numbers. I know it sounds super OCD but any aftermarket would just look slightly different.

And to anyone else reading, I apologize for posting so many threads on this. In my infinite wisdom, it didn't dawn on me to just update one thread once in a while rather than create new ones haha.

Back