Black or White Bobbins?

Glorioso

Just curious what you think? Black, White or Parchment Bobbins? I am thinking parchment my look good with black rings and match the off white of the body color.

unnamed_zpsjfznybve.jpg
black%20rings_zpst4t6xtxk.jpg
double%20white%20prs_zpsfqwb6f0f.jpg

Last edited:
White bobbins and rings detract from the look of the top imo. I always go for black pickups and rings so that the eye is not drawn to them when you look at the guitar. I want that 1500 dollar finish to be what stands out when you look at it, not pieces of plastic.

I prefer the black.
The white really jumps out, and like ReptilianNosewood, I think it detects from how nice the rest of the guitar looks.

Your call though.

Welcome to the forum.

I am leaning black, which is what they are now. replacing the pickups and was pondering a color change. I agree the white detracts and the parchment just doesn't look as good as I thought.

Thanks!

Tortoiseshell bobbins! Granted, probably better on a black guitar than a whale blue one.

IMG_1645_zpsub9ibxks.jpg

Stock. i.e. black bobbins. Whether you should swap out the pup rings from white to black is what you really want to ask. (IMHO either would look good, so I would take the lazy route and change nothing.)

Anyway, the only way you're getting double-white/cream bobbins is if you go DiMarzio - they hold the trademark on that look, don't they?

I like black pickups and rosewood rings but it really depends on the guitar. I think with your non blackpickup options, changing your control knobs needs to be considered.

But.........it is YOUR guitar, make the changes YOU want and be happy!!!

Back