Better Than New Guitar Day

László

Too Many Notes
Early this morning, the Fedex truck was at my door with my #1 fresh from the PTC setup.

My Artist V was always hands-down the best playing guitar I've ever owned. It came to me new with a great setup. It's been my #1 for two years. One of my session guys remarked a few weeks ago that it was "like a surgical instrument." So we are starting out with a very fine playing guitar, certainly the best-playing instrument I've had in 47 years of playing guitar.

But as with any guitar, after a couple years of Michigan seasonal climate changes, I felt it might benefit from a tweak or two.

Well, the result is so fantastic that I hardly know where to begin.

Anywhere on the neck you fret a note, it is absolutely even and effortless. You have merely to think a note, and it plays. I mean, dead-on perfect up and down the fingerboard. I have never played any guitar with action like this.

No fret buzz no matter how hard I strum, even with this low action. A couple of frets that had begun to poke out the slightest, tiniest bit were smoothed without so much as a mark on the fingerboard or scratch to the paint on the side of the neck. The new nut is installed perfectly, no gaps between it and the fingerboard, smoothed precisely and fitted to the slot. The old nut was in the case. There isn't a scratch, smudge or even so much as a fingerprint on the guitar. Everything was handled professionally, including the shipping back to me with tracking information provided by PRS.

In short, the guitar is whole orders of magnitude better than any new guitar I've ever experienced.

Yes.

It's that good. My kudos to Shawn and the PTC team for this one. HUGE thumbs-up!

Now I know what the rock stars get in terms of setup. Oh man, it's good.

Last edited:
Glad to hear the travel was safe both ways. PTC knocked it out of the park...again...never a doubt.

Thanks for the kind words Les. I'll make sure Skitchy sees your post since he did the set up.

Please do pass along my kudos, Shawn - Skitchy is an artist!

I spent another hour practicing with the guitar this afternoon, and it is incredible. So easy to play! And so even, up and down the neck, strings are perfectly spaced, everything feels wonderful. You feel like you're a better player with a setup like this, because your fingers just fall into place.

Wow, wow, and triple wow.

I bow down to genius.

Makes me want to send one in for a tune up...or see if Skitch-monster wants to visit STL.

So what exactly did you have done ?
A standard set up or the extreme artist awesome setup thing I hear about

Back