Best way to fix tremolo on PRS CU22

stepan.korba

Hi, I would like to fix the tremolo on the custom 22, but the ideas on how to do it different. Someone say that tremolo must be fixes horizontally with guitar body, someone say to tighten the screws with the springs, but then the tremolo of the body is quite exhausted. Do I ask for a recommendation? I want to finds the best solution for the best sound.

You mean make it so you can't pull up on the term, but you can still dive? Or do you mean you want to fix it so it won't move at all?

If the former, then add springs or tighten up the spring screws in the trem cavity, or use a Tremol-No, it fits in the cavity and can be configured to stop your trem from moving in the pull-up direction if you want.

If the latter, you can still use a Tremol-No - it can be configured to stop your trem from moving completely.

There are other solutions, but those are the two most obvious, to me.

You mean make it so you can't pull up on the term, but you can still dive? Or do you mean you want to fix it so it won't move at all?

If the former, then add springs or tighten up the spring screws in the trem cavity, or use a Tremol-No, it fits in the cavity and can be configured to stop your trem from moving in the pull-up direction if you want.

If the latter, you can still use a Tremol-No - it can be configured to stop your trem from moving completely.

There are other solutions, but those are the two most obvious, to me.

Thanks for answer, my english is not good, so sorry :) I mean the second option. I do not use Tremolo and I will not use it. Often I'm leaning on my arm and I want to limit the unwanted sounds, trimming, etc. As I have written, now I stretched all the springs to the maximum, so the lower part of the tremol leans against the body of the guitar and does not move but the top of the tremolo is high I'm not sure if it is better to return the tremolo to a horizontal position and fix it in this position, such as wood or tremendous.

No worries about your English!

From what I have read, the Tremol-No is a good option. But you can also use a block of wood in the tremolo cavity, and I am sure if you Google it there will be 100 different "solutions".

Just out of curiosity, if you won't use the tremolo, why did you buy a guitar with one, when there are models that have a stoptail? If the answer is "because that was the only reasonably-priced one available", I complete understand!

From what I have read, the Tremol-No is a good option. But you can also use a block of wood in the tremolo cavity, and I am sure if you Google it there will be 100 different "solutions".

Just out of curiosity, if you won't use the tremolo, why did you buy a guitar with one, when there are models that have a stoptail? If the answer is "because that was the only reasonably-priced one available", I complete understand!

yes,you are right, the reason was price :)

This:
LHTe
LHTB
LHTN
LHTF

It´s OK or it´s better to buy tremol-no or wood stick and fix tremolo in other position?
I honestly don't know - I think it is mostly preference, although I assume the use of a Tremol-No is less intrusive, since it just clamps in and can be removed with no hint of it ever being there.

Just out of curiosity, if you won't use the tremolo, why did you buy a guitar with one, when there are models that have a stoptail?

I rarely use the trem but I prefer the neck angle on the tremolo models. They are just more comfortable and easier to play for me.

Back