Best PRS Dealers?

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by Isaac cruz, Nov 13, 2017 at 4:14 PM.

1. Isaac cruz

Isaac cruz New Member

I'm currently searching for my first PRS, and was wondering which shops have a good selection and give great deals. I've bought several acoustic guitars from dealers that take out up to 40% of the manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP), and was wondering if there was something similar for electric guitars.

2. toothace

toothace At least I'm good at dentistry

First off, Brian's gets my vote for dealer.

Secondly, I believe PRS operates on the MAP system...minimum advertised price. Your best bet would be to contact a dealer and start the discussion once you find a guitar you are interested in.

Rich5150, JSanta585 and ScottR like this.
  3. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

As mentioned, Brian's. Also, Wilcutt, Dave's Guitars, Guitar Maverick, Righteous, too many to list!

ScottR and Elliot like this.
  4. veinbuster

veinbuster In the cards

Yup, there are a bunch of good dealers.
    I’m particularly a fan of JD at Guitar Maverick, Brian at Guitar Sanctuary and Doug at Wild West Guitars.

flux and ScottR like this.
  5. LSchefman

LSchefman Hears Tones

Jack Gretz at Northeast Music Center has given me the most amazing customer service experience I’ve ever had. If there’s an issue, he deals with it with PRS same day. I’ve bought an awful lot of guitars from him.

Jack is the best vendor I have for my studio business.

He’s also an experienced luthier, and his setups are terrific. I’ve found his repair work to be spot-on, with original parts, and he’s careful with the instruments. So it’s been great for that reason as well.

pjdude, g.wizz, flux and 1 other person like this.
  6. Casi1

Casi1 New Member

My votes for best PRS dealers go to Daves (ask for Tyler) and Wilcutt (ask for Eric)...

ScottR likes this.
  7. rugerpc

rugerpc A♥ hoards guitars ♥A

It's difficult to find a PRS authorized dealer that isn't doing it right... because if they are not, they don't remain a PRS authorized dealer.

So, expect a range from good to outstanding.

g.wizz, ScottR and flux like this.
  8. Dirty_Boogie

Dirty_Boogie New Member

Recently had a great experience buying a PRS through Moore Music - a "top 10" PRS dealer. Call and ask to speak with Rob Arnold - nice guy, knows his guitars, and will take care of you.

JSanta585, ScottR and Elliot like this.
  9. Alan Manning

Alan Manning Is It A Bird ! Is It A Plane ! Nah It's Only Me!!!

I'm sure they are all great guy's and have only heard good things your side of the pond and mine.
    My only experience from the U,S side was my McCarty W/L with Brian and the team at Brian's Guitars.
    Top notch service and I'll certainly be contacting Brian when I've saved up enough for my dream.!!!

ScottR likes this.
  10. garrett

garrett Not a New Member

The MAP system makes a lot more sense to me. You probably won't get a huge discount off that, but that's because the prices aren't jacked up to an artificially high level like MSRP.

All great dealers mentioned, but if you're looking for a core model I'll throw in a plug for Righteous Guitars, my local shop. Their website doesn't even begin to do justice to their selection. It's best to give them a call and tell them what you're looking for.

ScottR likes this.
  11. kes7u

kes7u Wife's husband and Dog's dad

I'll throw my $0.02.

I've had great experiences with Brian at Brian's guitars, Brett at Eddie's guitars and both Wilcutt and Wildwood.

Kevin

ScottR, brett and bodia like this.
  12. WiredGuitarist

WiredGuitarist Authorized PRS dealer
    Authorized PRS Dealer

*whistles*

But yeah, everyone mentioned is solid. Brian has a great rep and always maintains a huge inventory.

flux and ScottR like this.
  13. bluefade

bluefade New Member

Brian is a joy to do business with...but so are the guys at wildwest guitars...

ScottR likes this.
  14. sergiodeblanc

sergiodeblanc Rah rah ah ah ah!

Doug

F@cking

Diamond.

(In The Night!)

g.wizz, bodia, Whitecat and 2 others like this.
  15. flux

flux Has the fever...

Since I've only had the opportunity for one specialty purchase so far, I landed there -- just happened to be in Socal at the time and they had at least half a dozen spectacular 594s in stock when I was on the hunt. (Wooo!)

Doug and Bo rule. Period. I worked in the industry for a while, so I'm always happy to see such a well-run shop, but my experience here really floored me. Fantastic guys, Doug was an absolute champion for devoting so much attention to my needs, and he's like my spirit animal when it comes to his WL stuff. Wild West has killer inventory (prepare to drool) and an ideal test-drive environment. Can't recommend them highly enough.

Best of luck @Isaac cruz . Please report back and post pictures when you've done, it's the non-optional, accepted social convention. ;)

My favorite part, hands down. This soothes my soul like you have no idea....

#15 flux, Nov 14, 2017 at 4:22 AM
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 4:34 AM
    sergiodeblanc and ScottR like this.
  16. Dusty Chalk

Dusty Chalk alberngruppenführer

No, actually, it's pretty easy to list: link.

bodia and flux like this.
  17. Barry Johns

Barry Johns New Member

When I was buying my 594, I got the majority of recommended dealers listed here to give me 15% off the MAP price.

18. JSanta585

JSanta585 New Member

On top of all of the shops mentioned, I'd add John Mann's Guitar Vault and Ish Guitars, which is a new place but fantastic.

19. Zack Matzanias

Zack Matzanias New Member

I've had great experiences with Willcutt Guitars and Bad Axe Boutique in Greensboro, NC, which was my local shop at the time.

20. GuitarDrummer

GuitarDrummer Always learning more...

I never bought from Wild West Guitars. It was funny after I bought my first PRS, that I found it listed on their website. Meanwhile, the store that sold it to me could not find the guitar in their inventory. This lead me on a wild goose chase to figure out the history of my guitar and where it actually came from.

I think the PRS rep had taken it to Wild West and had it listed, but then took it to my store, where it was stashed in the back because the store manager was going to buy it. That is, until someone brought it out from the back to show it off and my wallet caught on fire.

My emails with Bo Harrison at Wild West were most helpful in figuring out the mystery. They were very helpful and answered my questions quickly. So, although I've never technically purchased a guitar from them, I do recommend them, based on my email experience with them. Bo was that helpful.

flux likes this.