before and after: wood to guitar

Since I was lucky enough to get one of the P245's that Brian put together during his latest Wood Library run I have another offering for this thread (I love that Brian posts his library trip raw wood selections):

Before:
IMG_0366_zps879a1de2.jpg

After:
DSC_8791.jpg
I cried a little when I saw this on his site.

I cried a little when I saw this on his site.
LOL...I got a little misty too; especially since I got in early and was the first pre-order for the 5 flame top / maple neck combo's...I got to select my color but the top was going to be a mystery.

We have a few before and after photos scattered in various threads. I'd like to collect some in one place. I'll start.

Does anybody else miss the wood library era?
CK_BluegrassWoodToGuitar.JPG

Remember when fingerboards were just a boring chunk of wood to stick some frets and an inlay on?
CK_SpaltNeckWoodToGuitar.JPG

Such a stellar board.

I have always loved that Hollowbody Jamie! Just incredible! Some really amazing photos here guys. Would love to see some more.

I only have a before right now :D. Should be any day now for the after. Upcoming PS-7 string.

2ypetxk.jpg

2dn9k8.jpg

2lln5ts.jpg

MUST. SEE. AFTER. NOW. RIGHT NOW. NO, RIGHT NOW. !!!

Woods I picked at PRS:

408007211_zps6q9thx3s.jpg

408007209_zpsv1wa4nbu.jpg

408007210_zpsgfx67fip.jpg

Finished:

Sun%201%20pp_zps3iwqpol6.jpeg

Pom%2020%20pp_zpsujhllvne.jpeg

409483093.jpg

408731369.jpg

If this is pomegranate, this is the type of top and color I am requesting for my PS build.
Dayam!

After seeking Brian's choices for quilt, I know he know's what I want from this build. :)

I do not know how anyone can look at Core models after seeing this thread. The wood and guitars are beyond any description I could come up with!

Last edited:
PS#4615, #4615 was the number that given at the time of the order, and then they mistakenly assigned me #4729 during wood selection. I was bummed that I didn't get 4729, a prime number. That number went on to represent a wonderful double neck. Anyway, 4615 factors to 5x13x71, so there's a 513 in there. Serendipity. ;)
IMG_1218.jpg
IMG_1217.jpg
IMG_1216.jpg
IMG_1223.jpg
IMG_1222.jpg
CloseAngleHomeFront.jpg
GoodCaseCloseFix.jpg
HomeBack.jpg
Neck2.jpg
HomeFront.jpg

Last edited:
Back