Beatles vs Rolling Stones

Beatles or Stones? Pick one!

• Total voters
The Beatles - no band ever evolved as quickly and dramatically, and influenced music and culture in so many ways. And no band ever will.

I must say, however, that I love Keith! His autobiography "Life" is one of the greatest rock books ever. Laugh out loud funny!

I must say, however, that I love Keith! His autobiography "Life" is one of the greatest rock books ever. Laugh out loud funny!

I need to get around to reading that. Been sitting on the bookcase too long!

Yeah, maybe there should have been a poll in the other thread and then we wouldn't have needed two?
No, this gives us a chance to change our answers to confuse the audience. That said, still can't dig the Stones so I'm still going Beatles.

I have to go with The Stones. I put the Beatles in the category of geniuses, they absolutely changed things, but I just don't have any desire to listen to their music. I remember as a little kid seeing them on Ed Sullivan, and hearing all the screams and liking them. Later, as I became 'aware' off music, the Stones music just absolutely hit me square in the brain pan, and I have absolutely adored them ever since. I have seen the Stones 8 times, and I saw the New Barbarians at the Capitol Centre in Largo Maryland (fun bootleg of that show floating around). They were absolutely on a tear between '68 - '72, and continue to this day to record and play and delight me every time. I think I bought 2 Beatles records in my life. The White Album and the CD release of Sgt Pepper. To me, no comparison.

Back