Back from the PTC - Squabbins Day

LearnedHand

The PTC does a great job. 59/09s in the Seafoam JH. Miras in the Santana.

9b417bb33c9e9d9acbe1966acea3d749.jpg

d51d5b225cd5d1ca05bd277b6b60ca1b.jpg

Saw you answered my question on VR...I have One of the Tugwell's as well..Seafoam Green Custom 22 with 57/08's...almost bought that Hiland too...glad its in good hands.

I am glad to hear another brother has kept the Tugwells in the family.

So what is the story behind that Tugwell collection?

I think this might be better told by others, but I will give it a try. Chris was a generous man in life, took care of family and friends, and was a successful businessman. Chris had this "thing" for Seafoam Green. No matter what the brand, make or model it had to be in Seafoam Green. Floating around the net is a picture of the collection. I believe it once was on the cover of Vintage Guitar Magazine.

Chris, unfortunately, past way too soon. For us down here, we have a piece of his history, his Seafoam Green guitar collection. A few of us were luckily enough to stewards of some of these pieces. For it is a sad day to see instruments kept in dark cases and closets not to be shared sonically to make music to fill our hearts with joy and inspiration.

Part of the PRS collection can be viewed here.

http://www.martinmusicguitar.com/products/electricguitars/products.php?pcid=10080&cid=65740

There appears to be one left that needs a good home.

Mine is the one in the middle on the couch...humbling experience to play it after hearing many of the stories from the people Chris impacted through the course of his life. I did not know him directly. I was still a lurker when he was active before his passing. I think it would be more appropriate if others who knew him and were friends of his shed some light on the type of person he was. From what I have heard...he was a very good man.

I take the stewardship of the guitar seriously...I look at this guitar very differently from my others...if I were to ever part with it...it would only be to someone who actually respected the history of it.

I hope this is appropriate..Life is fragile..we all are faced with similar trials....it all can be taken from us in an instant...hug your wife and children...tell them you love them...pretty much what I think about when I play the guitar....That and do what you love to do....and be joyous in the moments we have!

What more can be said .......

Back