Auralex Acoustics GRAMMA II 15 x 23 x 1 3/4 Inches Isolation Platform

CoreyT

PRS Addiction
Les turned me onto the older style Gamma pad when I bought one for my Hartke bass amp.
Amazon still carries them, but I am going to use that older one for underneath my new table that goes up and down that I keep my monitor speakers and my 24 track recorder on.
I put my Orange 1x12 cab under there on the old pad, using that amp with a new Orange Micro Dark amp (shows up tomorrow) but currently using the older white Orange Micro amp.
The new Dark one sounds much better.

Anyways, back to the newer Gramma II pads.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00O2PMO1W?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

These are thinner than the original style, and also have a handle on top to carry them by.
I am setting up three of them lined up in a row to put my Mark Five 25, Blackstar ID30, and the Hartke bass on.
Will get a picture of the complete setup sometime Thursday.
One arrived today, the other two show up Thursday morning.

91tKCeIwA%2BL._SL1500_.jpg

I also ordered a Baby Gramma II too go underneath the Logitech Z680 subwoofer for my sound system for my TV.
This should tighten up the bass some.
Auralex Acoustics BABYGRAMMA 15 x 15 x 1 3/4 Inches Isolation Platform

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00O2PMOD0?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s01

Good that it sounds improved - I'll have to try one! I use the older ones still when recording. But improved is always a good thing!

What I like about them Les is they have the carry handle on them, and they are lighter.
Snapped three pics yesterday, and I have to say I notice an improvement, and also with my Logitech subwoofer on the Z680 5.1 system for my TV the bass is improved.
I could have slid the three amps closer to each other and had room on the end for the small Cube bass amp like before, but I like the spacing I have now for the amps.

Moved the Fryette Power Amp off of the Mesa, I like it better where it is now

1.jpg

Two of the one underneath my Z680 subwoofer

2.jpg

Tomorrow I am going to put up another Hercules wall mount hanger, that will make nine of them, then no guitars on the floor

3.jpg

Looks cool, Corey! Actually, I like to leave room between amps, not only because that way it doesn't simply like like a pile o' gear and junk, but because the cabinets also resonate, and when they're all bunched up against one another, that creates weird sonic issues. So I like what you did!

What interests me about these new ones is that the stiffer foam material appears in the ads to go all the way from front to back, instead of two stiff pads with light foam in between them. So they should be a bit more stable with a heavy 2x12 and head on them. Am I right on this? Are they more stable?

The older ones flex and wobble so much once you put more than the weight of a cab on them, that I can't use them with a head/cab combination.

Thanks Les.
Yes, the foam is a solid piece with another one on top.
The Mesa head and 2 1x12 cabs is very stable on the pad.

Thanks Les.
Yes, the foam is a solid piece with another one on top.
The Mesa head and 2 1x12 cabs is very stable on the pad.

Thanks for this info...I'll get a few of them first of the year. I appreciate this info, Corey!

Of topic but since I saw the pic here, how does the Power Station work with the V 25?

Of topic but since I saw the pic here, how does the Power Station work with the V 25?
It works great.
I like to crank up the master volume for the channel I am using, have the gain up about half, then control the overall volume output with the Fryette.
If I lived somewhere where I could really crank it though for a good workout, that would be even better.

Back