Artist Series 1 On the way

Artjr

My wife's a Lawyer
anyone know much about these? Its says Artist Series # on the back of the headstock and its 24 frets.
I couldn't help myself, it was advertised as a artist pack 22. The top is kinda faded and it has some chips on the edges of the back nothing major. For the price I'm thinking about sending it to PTC.
01515_2BNKdQY5b4Y_600x450.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks bodia, I think it Brazilian , after searching for info online last night I found a few 92's with COA and they said Brazilian on the COA. I'm looking forward to this one. BTW I don't know any of you guys and that was a really cool thing ya'll did for Sergio.

Thanks bodia, I think it Brazilian , after searching for info online last night I found a few 92's with COA and they said Brazilian on the COA. I'm looking forward to this one. BTW I don't know any of you guys and that was a really cool thing ya'll did for Sergio.

Thanks! It was mind blowing! Glad you found an answer too!

It was the first CU 24 to have a WF neck. Definitely BRW board. I had one. Sold it years ago...

Great guitars!

From the PRS website: "ARTIST SERIES I: 1991 -1993. Replaced Signature Series, Inlaid headstock logo on rosewood headstock overlay, wide-fat neck, exceptional woods including artist grade maple top, abalone bird inlays, special thin finish, Volume and tone control with 5 way rotary, Artist Series pickups, semi-hollow, gold hardware and stop-tail options."

https://www.prsguitars.com/csc/models.html

00B0B_eKTN3SKyI17_600x450.jpg
00w0w_eOfyZ9AW5IT_600x450.jpg
00w0w_93y1v5KNnkk_600x450.jpg
I got it today. What a guitar. Feel and sound is incredible. I was expecting some kinda monster neck. That's not the case. It's a little fatter than the 88 I had, but not much. It actually looks a lot better than I thought it would. I may be crazy but I still want to send it to PTC for a refinish. I hate the green back. Any suggestion?

Last edited:
Dude! Hot as f@ck! I could get behind a white back. Natural would be awesome too. Although, probably not going to get all that green off/out.

White back? No way :eek: . Matt told me I could go natural on the back. The front was originally teal black. I was told I couldn't get Amber or Yellow. I like Indigo .

Back