Are Rosewood necks finished?

Proxmax

i heard rw necks were satin finished.
any opinions?
when i changed the neck carve at my mcrosie i just oiled it several times
and gave it later a machine polish followed by a handpolish.
i love it.

i heard rw necks were satin finished. Any opinions?
- The 1st productions guitars with East Indian Rosewood necks (Rosewood Limited model) had a beautiful glass-like finish
- The follow-on run of Brazilian neck McCarty's, Brazilian neck Singlecuts, and Brazilian neck Modern Eagle's had no finish
- Production guitars with EIRW necks didn't have a finish for a long time - and as far as I know, still don't
- I have seen some EIRW neck guitars (from the Private Stock shop) with an extremely thin finish on them

My IRW SCTs have no finish but when I got my IRW P22 the neck was buffed to a glossy shine but after playing it for a few months the shine gave way to the unfinished look and feel. I don't believe they do anything to the neck but buff it out to a nice shine.
tfancil

I wonder if they have tried the " in the wood " finish like they use for the maple DC3 necks? It would be a worthwhile experiment to try on some scrap rosewood at the factory. " HEY MR. PAUL (WONKA) SMITH "!!!!!!!

Shawn should be the official word here, but until he responds ... Starting with the necks of the MEII they use a marine epoxy to fill any large pores, then seal the necks, and then highly buff them out. This is what has made the current ME RW necks so smooth feeling. They are not finished with V12, nitro, etc ...

This may or may not be what they do with other models with the optional RW neck or any earlier models. My SCT IRW was unfinished and not as smooth as my Quatro.

In PS you get what you ask for ...

Since Experience is coming up ... This is one of many great reasons to take a slow tour of the factory and spend time with the people who build the guitars.

this was what i thought that the pores are filled with anything.
feels very cool.

Back