Archon faceplates - curious

Well it’s the Violet color but it’s faded a bit, which can be a bit different. If the faded looks turns out not cool looking then I may sand it down and re stain and poly it.

Waiting on FedEx to deliver it today.

Last edited:
i apologize for not reading every post in this thread so maybe this was covered already. Can't one just stain his own at Experience? :D

i apologize for not reading every post in this thread so maybe this was covered already. Can't one just stain his own at Experience? :D

I actually plan to make a couple and possibly more. I have a wood shop here at home and I also work as a Piano Restoration Technician for a living so I could do this at work as well. Once I get things figured out I -may- do some for others if they would be interested. I’ll keep updates.

The Archon 100 I recently got has the brushed aluminum faceplate... I will have to check the tag when I get home to see mfg. date but I thought it was 2018 - its a recent change for sure. The script lettering is also now silver instead of the gold lettering on the wood.

The Archon 100 I recently got has the brushed aluminum faceplate... I will have to check the tag when I get home to see mfg. date but I thought it was 2018 - its a recent change for sure. The script lettering is also now silver instead of the gold lettering on the wood.

Yeah mine was made in January 2018 so the switch has been recently. Mine has gold script lettering too.

If yours is the Archon 100 and has a brushed aluminum faceplate then it’s for sure 2018 because this change has been just recent. Since mine was manufactured in January 2018 then that leaves around a 3-4 month window for change.

Btw could you post pics? I’m sure everyone like myself would like to see the small changes.

Yeah mine was made in January 2018 so the switch has been recently. Mine has gold script lettering too.

If yours is the Archon 100 and has a brushed aluminum faceplate then it’s for sure 2018 because this change has been just recent. Since mine was manufactured in January 2018 then that leaves around a 3-4 month window for change.

Btw could you post pics? I’m sure everyone like myself would like to see the small changes.

I posted a pic of the setup when I got it early April... here it is https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/something-was-missing.30168/
-Date of mfg. on the tag is 2-27-18 (AMP SN 180061) so probably switched over in February is my guess.

Before Elvis came through for me, I had talked to a friend who’s got his own wood shops and makes custom furniture. I was going to have him make me a flamed maple panel for the Archon, but wasn’t sure what I was going to do about a logo. I’m talking to him now about convertible back cab for an 8” speaker (I have a nice 8” Warehouse speaker that needs a home and should work great with the ATMA)

I love the idea of refinishing the plate for a truly custom color.

Yeah I’ve got some interesting stains I could use. I’ll post some pics of the current look later today. The faded violet look doesn’t look bad at all but I might try a custom look.

Before Elvis came through for me, I had talked to a friend who’s got his own wood shops and makes custom furniture. I was going to have him make me a flamed maple panel for the Archon, but wasn’t sure what I was going to do about a logo. I’m talking to him now about convertible back cab for an 8” speaker (I have a nice 8” Warehouse speaker that needs a home and should work great with the ATMA)

Yeah I was think about making a couple custom panels and see what I could do with them. I have a wood shop at home here and then I work for a antique piano restoration company so I could easily do this.

The logo on your present panel will come off easily. The logo is barely held on with some type of glue which almost seems like super glue to be honest because when you remove the logo behind it is left a cloudy haze like super glue leaves. If you have a heat gun or even a blow dryer you can warm the glue up just slightly but don’t warm up the area to much so you don’t mess the logo up. Next on the back of the panel you’ll see a couple holes where the logo fits in to keep it stationary. Use a small skinny screwdriver and slightly push the plate loose through the holes. I think there are five tabs to hold it stationary and it will work free. Again don’t go to crazy with the heat gun or blow dryer. To be honest the logo may come off without a heat source because my logo had a very thin amount of glue holding it on. I had to use new Velcro on the new faceplate which I purchased at a local Lowe’s store.

Back