Archon 25W tube layout

Omega139

Hey guys,

i've been trying to figure out the right layout for my preamp tubes on my archon 25w.
I've searched the forum and there are two conflicting things I found: One post I found mentioned that the phase inverter was in V5, but there was also another post that showed a diagram with the PI near the power tubes.

If anyone could help me out it would be very much appreciated.

There should be a label inside the amp cabinet, and you should believe that over anything you find on the internet. :cool:

Do I remember correctly that there's a metal screen covering the back of the amp to protect us from those nasty hot tubes? You probably want to spend some time with a screwdriver and take that nonsense off.

Hey guys,

i've been trying to figure out the right layout for my preamp tubes on my archon 25w.
I've searched the forum and there are two conflicting things I found: One post I found mentioned that the phase inverter was in V5, but there was also another post that showed a diagram with the PI near the power tubes.

If anyone could help me out it would be very much appreciated.
PI is usually the farthest from the input jack. So if the tubes are side by side, the closest to the input jack is usually V1, the last is V5.

PI is usually the farthest from the input jack. So if the tubes are side by side, the closest to the input jack is usually V1, the last is V5.

Thank you. So the effects loop would be the isolated one near the power tubes?

This is from another post on the topic...

V1 - Input
V2 - Lead gain
V3 - Lead gain
V4 - Clean gain
V5 - Phase inverter
V6 - Effects loop (located closest to power tubes)

Back