Archon 100 Preamp tubes

Lyric

I have another thread asking about power tubes and with this thread I’m asking about preamp tubes.

So the Archon 100 has (6) 12ax7/ecc83 tubes stock for preamp of course. Wondering if I should use 12ax7 specifically for all preamp tubes like for example V5 Phase Inverter and V6 EFX Loop or is worth trying a different preamp tube for these positions? Or just stick with 12ax7’s for all 6 preamp tubes? I’ve read where some have said they used different preamp tubes other than 12ax7 for the V5 Phase Inverter and/or V6 EFX Loop.

Just thoughts, thanks

I did replace the V1 with a Tung Sol 12ax7 which I do believe I notice a difference.

Thanks

I give up here, useless forum, please delete thread and my account. Ty

No replies needed, leave it be.

Outta here, take care and farewell.

Holy crap dude? This is not The Gear Page. There aren't 250k members. I'm in the amp section almost daily and this is the first time I've seen this post. And while a few of us have Archons, there are multiple threads and mentions about tube swaps and they overwhelming response had been that most of us haven't bothered.

I've talked about it for two years, but then I turn the amp on and go "nah, let's just leave this like it is. It sounds killer already!

Nobody is ignoring you, but the attitude isn't going to help you get answers.

Back