Anyones opinion on the Band Ghost (Also known as GHOST BC?

Saw them open for Iron Maiden in Tampa this Summer, gotta say was a little lackluster of a performance, but not many bands out there can top Iron Maiden.

As a 50 year old, I really draw a comparisons to Blue Oyster Cult. Song structure and stuff, not that they sound identical.

Last edited:
As a 50 year old, I really draw a comparisons to Blue Oyster Cult. Song structure and stuff, not that they send identical,.
Yeah I got the same vibes from them. Live they were said to sound on par with the studio stuff, but I'll give them break considering aside from the singer, every band member was brand new, since the previous members had a falling out with the singer (Typical band stuff lol)

I really like the music and the whole crazy vibe, but the singer has been kind of a jerk with how he is basically hiring musicians as contractors with no shares in the band.

I really like the music and the whole crazy vibe, but the singer has been kind of a jerk with how he is basically hiring musicians as contractors with no shares in the band.
Yeah I dislike that whole thing. The dude fired/Denounced a group of friends he's been in bands with since the late 90s (the original characters of Alpha, Omega, and the keyboardist)

Ghost is one of my favorite bands. I've tried to steer clear of the behind-the-scenes stuff - until Tobias said he was Papa, I avoided anything that revealed real identities (still have no clue who else may or may not be in the band). I've seen them tour for every album except the second (smaller place that sold out).

I still remember the first time I saw them - they were opening for Opeth and Mastodon. I'd heard the name, but I hadn't seen them or heard a note of their music. Papa walked out and I started howling. I did a quick check on Wikipedia and saw them described as a "Satanic band", then look back and forth from my phone to the stage about five times. My first thought was, "Someone thinks this is legit?"

I really wanted to see the Ghost/Iron Maiden tour - just didn't work out for me. I am looking forward to the live album coming out.

Oh, and I did like when Papa III was pulled offstage at his final performance.

hmmm, don't know what any of the drama is about since I know nothing about them, but several people have told me to check them out in the last couple years. After reading this thread, I think I probably won't put any effort into it.

hmmm, don't know what any of the drama is about since I know nothing about them, but several people have told me to check them out in the last couple years. After reading this thread, I think I probably won't put any effort into it.

The only 'drama' I've followed is that they've replaced their lead singer every album. The first was Papa Emeritus. He was fired for Papa Emeritus II. Papa II was fired and replaced by his - I'm not making this up - three month younger brother Papa Emeritus III. The kicker is they all sound the same (because, obviously, they're the same guy).

This is video from the last performance of Papa III. This is Papa 0 making some kind of announcement (I haven't seen a translation).

Music-wise, these guys don't do anything for me. All the spooky, evil imagery is lost on me as well, like yawn, King Diamond has already done all that stuff in the 80s. Plus, the fact that the "band" is nothing more than a rotating bunch of nameless (and faceless, in this case) session players dictated by one megalomaniacal mastermind is a major turn-off as well. I remember a while back, the two nameless ghoul guitar players were in Guitar World as a cover story and Tobias pretty much dominated the damn article even though he's the singer. It's like the heavy metal version of Menudo to me.

My opinion is they're not as good as Dazz Band.

As an alumnus of several funk bands (OK, I'm showing my age:p) that's a pretty low blow there.:rolleyes:

I don't care for the corny makeup and Satan act, but I do have to admit, out of the rock acts that are happening on the charts today, they at least play their guitars. Most of the rest sound like rehashed disco music to me.

As an alumnus of several funk bands (OK, I'm showing my age:p) that's a pretty low blow there.:rolleyes:

I don't care for the corny makeup and Satan act, but I do have to admit, out of the rock acts that are happening on the charts today, they at least play their guitars. Most of the rest sound like rehashed disco music to me.

Minus vocals, and guitars in particular, they're not a bad band. I think getting "kicked out" by papa emeritus IXVCNNTBSLLCWTF was probably the best thing that could happen to the rest of the band - now they have a well known band on their resume and are free to do something that... well... doesn't suck.

Music-wise, these guys don't do anything for me. All the spooky, evil imagery is lost on me as well, like yawn, King Diamond has already done all that stuff in the 80s. Plus, the fact that the "band" is nothing more than a rotating bunch of nameless (and faceless, in this case) session players dictated by one megalomaniacal mastermind is a major turn-off as well. I remember a while back, the two nameless ghoul guitar players were in Guitar World as a cover story and Tobias pretty much dominated the damn article even though he's the singer. It's like the heavy metal version of Menudo to me.

This is more along the lines of some of the things I've heard. Plus, I'm pretty much not going to listen to ANYTHING that plays to the satan thing.

It has some killer hooks, and a great modern take on 70's stuff like BOC.

My fave thing tho is that it creates arguments among metal kidz as to whether it's metal or not. Just bc it doesn't have harsh vocals or blast beats, a lot of ppl can't understand how to place it.

You don't like Dazz Band?

...well at least "Swoop" was better than "Whip it Baby".
But I ain't wit da slick 80s techno funk thang 2 much. It was kool 4 a minute, but I'm older than that, and we wuz all about dat stank funk back den.

It has some killer hooks, and a great modern take on 70's stuff like BOC.

My fave thing tho is that it creates arguments among metal kidz as to whether it's metal or not. Just bc it doesn't have harsh vocals or blast beats, a lot of ppl can't understand how to place it.

This. Totally.

Back