Anyone use the String Strecha?

CoreyT

PRS Addiction
Saw this in a guitar magazine I believe, and I ordered one and it showed up the other day.
http://www.stringstretcha.com/index/index.php

My SE Santana I picked up last Saturday would not stay in tune (my SG did this also until a tech stretched them) and I did two passes like in the video above, now the Santana stays in tune.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so pissed I didn't think of this! LOL

I'm probably going to get one...I'm willing to try a $15 tool that will make my tuning more stable and assist me in string changing.....or I will make one....

I neglected to hold my finger at the nut like he says to in the video, and off popped one of the strings.
I had watched the video when I ordered it, but forgot about the part to hold the string at the nut.
It is a handy little tool.

I looked on Amazon and did not see it there or a few other sites, looks like you have to order it directly from the site.

Yep... Stretching the strings is a must do. I think there's a possibilty you could overdo it though and distort the string wrap.

I had a Planet Waves string winder for years before I realised it had a string winder built into the handle. Kind of works, but I went back to using my hands in the end.

I'll stick to hand stretching my strings. I've got no problem doing it myself and I've never ever had an issue or complaint doing so on my guitars or a customer's.

I'll stick to hand stretching my strings. I've got no problem doing it myself and I've never ever had an issue or complaint doing so on my guitars or a customer's.
Have to admit I'm curious about this, but pretty skeptical. It would save considerable time stretching strings.

Back