Anyone know what color this is?

Aha! Thank you. I wish they would show the custom artist colors on the site like they do the others.

What's the wait on those? And typical cost? Thanks!
I'm relatively new here, so I'm not sure the rules on posting prices. I worked with my dealer and got what I think is a reasonable quote. I will say that the PRS 2018 catalog is available and it lists MAP (minimum advertised price). Here's a link for the 2018 catalog: https://www.prsguitars.com/csc/prs_2018_prices.pdf

I have no idea what their production run looks like for filling the channel with the new 24-08. I expect they will be shipping finished units soon (if not already). I ordered an artist package which means mine will have to scheduled. I was told to expect about an 8 month wait.

I'm relatively new here, so I'm not sure the rules on posting prices. I worked with my dealer and got what I think is a reasonable quote. I will say that the PRS 2018 catalog is available and it lists MAP (minimum advertised price). Here's a link for the 2018 catalog: https://www.prsguitars.com/csc/prs_2018_prices.pdf

I have no idea what their production run looks like for filling the channel with the new 24-08. I expect they will be shipping finished units soon (if not already). I ordered an artist package which means mine will have to scheduled. I was told to expect about an 8 month wait.

Roger. Thanks! Hope you get your guitar soon!

One other question for you - when you did a custom order than may take, say 8 months, did you have to pay it all up front or just a deposit? Thanks!
That depends on the dealer. FWIW, I have two guitars on consignment with my dealer. A single luthier built GC sized acoustic made by Matt Mustaspick and a 2013 Gibson Les Paul Standard. Because they have two of my guitars in their shop already and I'm there every Saturday for a lesson they didn't even take a deposit from me. However, I have a great relationship with this dealer so they've been very easy going. Most dealers are going to want a deposit.

It also depends on how "crazy" your order is. If the dealer feels fairly confident they can sell the guitar quickly if you decide not to buy then they will almost surely take a nominal deposit. If you order something unusual that may take a long time to sell, the dealer may ask for a larger deposit or even full payment .

This is a lot of text that basically adds up to "it depends on your dealer".

That depends on the dealer. FWIW, I have two guitars on consignment with my dealer. A single luthier built GC sized acoustic made by Matt Mustaspick and a 2013 Gibson Les Paul Standard. Because they have two of my guitars in their shop already and I'm there every Saturday for a lesson they didn't even take a deposit from me. However, I have a great relationship with this dealer so they've been very easy going. Most dealers are going to want a deposit.

It also depends on how "crazy" your order is. If the dealer feels fairly confident they can sell the guitar quickly if you decide not to buy then they will almost surely take a nominal deposit. If you order something unusual that may take a long time to sell, the dealer may ask for a larger deposit or even full payment .

This is a lot of text that basically adds up to "it depends on your dealer".
Roger! Thank you so much for answering my questions. Mark

Back