Anybody play all of them?

horax

Pauls Guitar
McCarty
Customs, etc...

What's your fave and why?

The list ;)

408 Standard Rosewood ( Go to guitar when I need to sound good )
513 ( Most versatile )
SCT ( When a Single cut is needed )
DGT ( Love the big frets just a great guitar )
CU24 ( Love the slimmer body tone for days )
CU22 ( Just something special with mine, WF neck on this one rocks )
CU22 P-90 ( Maple neck , P90s mojo from Howard :)
Brushstroke 24 ( Pauls Guitar with 2 extra frets ) ( another do all guitar GREAT cleans )
Santana II ( Its a Santana what else is there to say )
Core Mira ( Best sleeper guitar, light weight, Killer upper fret access )
Hollowbody II ( Its alive is all I can say )

I am convinced there can be no favorite, there is only the one I like best at the moment and then the next moment happens.

Seriously I could be happy with ANY one of the guitars I have, lately I have been going between the Santana - HBII and DGT the most but that is just because there are the newest to the stable.

Last edited:
Variations on the McCarty get the most time.
Piezo HB has the most range.
Santanas are just sexy beasts.
SCs are ballsy.

For me, it’s mostly about that moment. When I know what the feel of that moment is before I pick up a guitar, it is likely to be McCarty or HB. Otherwise I just grab a guitar and let it tell me what to do.

Pauls Guitar
McCarty
Customs, etc...

What's your fave and why?

Hmmm, here's my list in order of "love" - though NONE are my "unfavorite"!!

• S2 Standard 22s - I have two, and both just feel and sound EXACTLY the way I have wanted an electric guitar to feel/sound. If I ever got a PRS Sig model, it would be based on this model.
  • Singlecuts - I have three, an S2, an SC245, and an SC250. While each has subtle differences, I like the 4 knob layout. The S2 and the SC245 have coil splits. This gives me a lot of cool sonic options for a variety of music. My 250 is just my is FATTEST sounding guitar. It has Seymour Duncan Saturday Night Specials - it gives me my idealized "classic single cut" tone.
  • Paul's Guitar - This is another one that gives me KILLER tone options - the Narrow 408 pickups are really cool, especially when tapped or split (I never remember which is which). To ME, this guitar gives me really nice "tele-meets-P90" sounds in single coil mode. The "Pattern" neck profile is comfy too.
  • Custom 22 - I like this one because it has the 5-way rotary switch. Some of the split position sounds are unique, and aren't the same as on the other guitars. This one has a "thinner" sound in the single coil modes, but that beautiful violin-saturated sustain for leads. The wide-fat neck feels SOOOO good.
  • McCarty - This is just a great all-around guitar. Mine has 57/08s and works for pretty much any song I could use it for (I do originals).
  • P22 - In all fairness, this is a GREAT guitar - it just is my least favorite of my PRS guitars. It plays great, looks amazing, has the piezo (which sounds awesome). MY problem with it is the 5-way blade switch. Not a fan of that on the Custom, especially with the added controls for the piezo.
Every guitar gives me 100% useable tones with unparalleled feel and playability. If you are looking for your next guitar (lol) you can't go wrong with ANY of them!! It's why most of us have so many - and keep on buying.

What a remarkably interesting yet useless piece of information!

How does it sound? What does it look like? ("It looks like an NF3" is not a valid response...)

Where is your NGD thread?!

Well, I haven't gotten around to the NGD yet. I will. As for what it looks like, here are the actual words that came out of my wife's mouth when I pulled it out of the case:

"I thought you said it was a PRS? Where are the birds?"
They don't all have birds. Some have dots and some have moons, was my reply.
She came back with, "Well, it's plain looking. It looks like a Fender."

I decided to keep her....the wife, that is!

Well, I haven't gotten around to the NGD yet. I will. As for what it looks like, here are the actual words that came out of my wife's mouth when I pulled it out of the case:

"I thought you said it was a PRS? Where are the birds?"
They don't all have birds. Some have dots and some have moons, was my reply.
She came back with, "Well, it's plain looking. It looks like a Fender."

I decided to keep her....the wife, that is!
Ha ha ha! Oh, that is classic!

I can just hear it:

"You can buy more PRS guitars, but they have to be pretty. Wife pre-approval required after visual review of online listing!"

Ha ha ha! Oh, that is classic!

I can just hear it:

"You can buy more PRS guitars, but they have to be pretty. Wife pre-approval required after visual review of online listing!"

Dude, that's all my wife cares about and that's pretty much how it goes. I begrudgingly got approval on my goldtop because she doesn't like gold and she wants to see the figure. I got the okay because I was gushing about how great a guitar it is.

Back