Any women on this forum?

Yes.

Sometimes 24 frets is better, sometimes 22 frets is just right. It depends on the day, the song, the melody, and what kind of music you are trying to make.

A 4 fret guitar aint cool though. Theres just not enough frets to make music with.

o_O

At the same time, a 30 fret guitar would not be fun either. I'd buy a 4 fret guitar before I'd get a 30 fret one. I'm not trying to die playing guitar. Death by too many frets.

No wonder fretless players are so good - nothing to distract them from practicing!

Well, I haven't read thru the replies, however the answer to the OP's question is NO.
Pretty simple.

Company name aside, that is the weirdest thing ever. I can only assume it was created by someone who has never played a guitar, let alone a decent one.

And as a drummer, the banging jokes make the fret size jokes look new .........
The only reason I can think it was made, was to teach people chord shapes on holiday, or maybe the two main riffs from “The Spirit of Radio”!

Oh and half of “Alright Now” and all of “Back in Black”-ish!

Maple board with birds?

UG9wFhZ.jpg
I think I convinced myself this was a black DC3 with a maple board? Did I dream that?...must have?...This is still ridiculously cool!

Last edited:
I'm gonna put the black nickel trem on the natural/amber smokeburst SAS NF. I chose the SAS by default because I dont want to change anything on my DC3 and the only other option for me would be my custom 24 but that one is perfect as is.

I was originally thinking about replacing the trem on my S2 Cu24 but I made a last minute decision to include that guitar in a trade for a local vintage guitar...

Alrighty. So I just got my SAS NF back from the luthier with its new NOS one piece trem. First impressions: the guitar is definitely more articulate and, dare, I say, brighter. I like it. The best way that I can describe it is if you like the 2 piece PRS core trem then this one will give you more of what you already like about that PRS trem. It will give you MORE. In my opinion, its a 'must do' upgrade for a SE or CE to get those guitars up to Core level trem performance. My only gripe is that the NOS trem feels noticeably stiffer to me so I'm gonna have to part with some springs to get back to the comfort of the old PRS trem... but thats easy enough to do.

In comparison with the Wudtone, I feel like the trems serve two different purposes. Also, it should be noted that I installed them on different guitars and each trem had different block/saddle materials. Therefore the comparison is not a true one to one. However, the Wudtone's sustain (due to the shim) and loudness were stupid ridiculous; I did not notice increased sustain or loudness with the NOS but the articulation that resulted from the NOS was just as stupid ridiculous (while the Wudtone did not increase articulation to my ears).

If I needed more sustain or more tone dynamics (ie less 'sterile-ness' as non-PRS fans call it), I'd go with the Wudtone but I'd be picky about which material to get for the block and saddles. I understand that he offers brass now whereas only steel was available when I placed my order.

If I needed more note separation, more articulation, more brightness, or just a more 'solid' feeling trem AND I love the PRS tone as is, I'd go with the NOS trem. John Mann's trem stays true to PRS... to my ears, it does not drastically change the tone while improving the delivery... what it does is allow that PRS tone to shine through in a clearer more awesomer fashion.

These are just my thoughts based on my new trems and their differences.

:)

Alrighty. So I just got my SAS NF back from the luthier with its new NOS one piece trem. First impressions: the guitar is definitely more articulate and, dare, I say, brighter. I like it. The best way that I can describe it is if you like the 2 piece PRS core trem then this one will give you more of what you already like about that PRS trem. It will give you MORE. In my opinion, its a 'must do' upgrade for a SE or CE to get those guitars up to Core level trem performance. My only gripe is that the NOS trem feels noticeably stiffer to me so I'm gonna have to part with some springs to get back to the comfort of the old PRS trem... but thats easy enough to do.

In comparison with the Wudtone, I feel like the trems serve two different purposes. Also, it should be noted that I installed them on different guitars and each trem had different block/saddle materials. Therefore the comparison is not a true one to one. However, the Wudtone's sustain (due to the shim) and loudness were stupid ridiculous; I did not notice increased sustain or loudness with the NOS but the articulation that resulted from the NOS was just as stupid ridiculous (while the Wudtone did not increase articulation to my ears).

If I needed more sustain or more tone dynamics (ie less 'sterile-ness' as non-PRS fans call it), I'd go with the Wudtone but I'd be picky about which material to get for the block and saddles. I understand that he offers brass now whereas only steel was available when I placed my order.

If I needed more note separation, more articulation, more brightness, or just a more 'solid' feeling trem AND I love the PRS tone as is, I'd go with the NOS trem. John Mann's trem stays true to PRS... to my ears, it does not drastically change the tone while improving the delivery... what it does is allow that PRS tone to shine through in a clearer more awesomer fashion.

These are just my thoughts based on my new trems and their differences.

:)

Nice write up!

Back