Any women on this forum?

Well I hope I made 3 new acquaintances who share an interest in music and instruments!

The last two posts put a downer on what has been a very positive thread.

I am an extremely cynical person, however this place has proved itself to be anything but that!

If there’s anyone who doesn’t like the vibe of this thread, please take your negativity elsewhere.

Preferably away from this forum.

And you don't find this post negative? So now it's your way or the highway for anyone posting an opinion you don't personally agree with?

While you may see your post as being constructive, others might see it as being constrictive.

I'd much rather see people speaking freely than a one sided "all positive" non-discussion in fear of the PC police.

Differing opinions aren't wrong, bad, or negative... they're healthy and broaden our view :)

Last edited:
I'm not looking for a date...

But this definitely appears to be a 'male dominant' site.
I mean... I know there are a number of female guitarists out there... and good ones too.

So, I'm just wondering if there are any women PRS players on board?

At first I was like "who cares?" but it turned out to be a pretty decent social experiment for the observant :)

I'm not looking for a date...

But this definitely appears to be a 'male dominant' site.
I mean... I know there are a number of female guitarists out there... and good ones too.

So, I'm just wondering if there are any women PRS players on board?

I'm not telling...

:D

As if the color coordinated pedal board didnt blow my cover.

Last edited:
And then some bright spark suggests you pick the one you don't play often. So you pick that one up and play it. And remember there was a reason why you bought it that isn't so dumb. That's the point when you also find something come up at a great price that you just cannot let pass by. Cue Rabbits :)

Yep. That is my problem. Damn rabbits.

My 'problem' just got worse in last 2 weeks when I moved the least loved of my PRS collection. Now I'm stuck with only the guitars that I cant bear to part with. A new guitar would need to be EXCEPTIONAL for me to make a move toward it at this point. I believe I'd cry like a lil toddler if I had to move one of my remaining guitars. I'm not talking about regular crying; I'm talking one of those scary crazy shaking cries that 2 year olds are known for...

Yep. That is my problem. Damn rabbits.

My 'problem' just got worse in last 2 weeks when I moved the least loved of my PRS collection. Now I'm stuck with only the guitars that I cant bear to part with. A new guitar would need to be EXCEPTIONAL for me to make a move toward it at this point. I believe I'd cry like a lil toddler if I had to move one of my remaining guitars. I'm not talking about regular crying; I'm talking one of those scary crazy shaking cries that 2 year olds are known for...

What is this move thing you talk about? You mean like to the other side of the room? Because that would make me cry - I don't want to walk all the way over there!

It’s ok you can get a cream for that!o_O

:( I went to the pharmacy. He said he couldn’t prescribe anything for it because I wasn’t perceptive enough to know about the rash before it broke out. I admitted I didn’t know it was a social experiement to which he replied “It’s always the ones that are in the dark that end up catching the rash.” I don’t know why he thought that was so funny.

What is this move thing you talk about? You mean like to the other side of the room? Because that would make me cry - I don't want to walk all the way over there!

Lol.

Yeah, mine are moved to their cases for the moment (until I sort out the humidity issues in my house)... It sucks having to go all the way to the case, open the case, remove from case, etc. Its hard work but somebodys got to do it.

I think my favorite is a tie between my 408 Brazilian and my Cu24 30th Anniversary. Every now and then my DC3 or McCarty Korina or my SAS NF will slip in and usurp those two. Through my PRS journey, I've discovered a love for raw wood necks so my favorites reflect that. My 'trapped on a desert island with only room for one guitar' guitar would be either the 408 or the SAS NF because I can get multiple distinct sounds from each of those.

On a side note, I'm proud of myself. I stumbled upon an uber lightweight 509 at a guitar shop this past weekend. I played it for a bit; it did sound strattier than my old 513 and it had that typical PRS glorious playability (which was shocking in comparison with the late model Firebird that I had just put down prior to picking up the 509). I then tried to figure out what I could move to bring it home with me. Nothing. I couldnt move anything. So I handed it back to the salesperson. And walked away with only some NYXLs and F-one oil. My checking account thanked me....

:( I went to the pharmacy. He said he couldn’t prescribe anything for it because I wasn’t perceptive enough to know about the rash before it broke out. I admitted I didn’t know it was a social experiement to which he replied “It’s always the ones that are in the dark that end up catching the rash.” I don’t know why he thought that was so funny.

Did it go something like this? You could try Semprini !!

I think that you are caught in the midst of yet another experiment.

Back