Any women on this forum?

This one for sale on Reverb

https://reverb.com/item/6874765-prs-employee-santana-hb-orange

Has me thinking about selling a bunch. Prolly just easier to sell a kidney...
Kidneys are overrated. You only need one, but they’ve got this stuff called ‘dialysis’ now, so actually, you don’t! Sell ‘em both!
(Completely ignore me)

My wife ... she told me how she hated guitars.
My wife doesn’t hate guitars but she doesn’t get the obsession. She’s also the only non musician in the family, so she has certainly learned to put up with our “issues”. :D

Kidneys are overrated. You only need one, but they’ve got this stuff called ‘dialysis’ now, so actually, you don’t! Sell ‘em both!
(Completely ignore me)
That’s taking enabling to a whole new level!:eek:

My wife doesn’t hate guitars but she doesn’t get the obsession. She’s also the only non musician in the family, so she has certainly learned to put up with our “issues”. :D

Mine came around when she saw the passion I have for it. She's been wonderfully supportive all these years, especially for a non musician.

That would be my kind of bonus. I wonder if they need any specifically short, female testers to put expensive guitars through their paces, you know, just to cover off every aspect of their design work? :D
4'

Short? Sounds like my wife...

4'8.5".... And I'm 6'2"... LoL! :D

Mine came around when she saw the passion I have for it. She's been wonderfully supportive all these years, especially for a non musician.

Being a musician, in whatever form it takes in your life, is part and parcel of who you are and the air you breathe. It is therefore part the reason you are (or aren't) attractive to someone so why wouldn't you support it? It isn't my partners thing but he totally gets it and it's a quid pro quo in that I support the things that are important to him.

Trust me, it's a job that severely tests specifically short women, especially around release time ....
I can imagine it does!

Being a musician, in whatever form it takes in your life, is part and parcel of who you are and the air you breathe. It is therefore part the reason you are (or aren't) attractive to someone so why wouldn't you support it? It isn't my partners thing but he totally gets it and it's a quid pro quo in that I support the things that are important to him

This put a smile on my face!

It’s late. You get a pass. post deleted. :cool:

I’m sure you meant that in a humorous way. I didn’t take it that way the first few times.

The way you take something and choice whether or not to be offended is on you, not anybody else.

I knew it wouldn't take long for the opinion police to show up with some good ol' peacekeeping brutality :)

Being a musician, in whatever form it takes in your life, is part and parcel of who you are and the air you breathe. It is therefore part the reason you are (or aren't) attractive to someone so why wouldn't you support it? It isn't my partners thing but he totally gets it and it's a quid pro quo in that I support the things that are important to him.

When I met my fiance, we had only known each other for one month. We were sitting by the pool in Hollywood, and I asked her what she thinks we have in common. She said, "Nothing." I replied, "Cool."

But her Mummy corrected her, letting her know that she loves music, and I make music, so we go together.

We later went to a yard sale, where I saw an old Korg DDD-1 drum machine. I told her how I had one of those, when it was new, and it was super expensive, and it had gotten stolen. She bought it behind my back and surprised me with it.

That was 18.5 years ago. Since then, we've been on lots of music adventures. She learned how to string and tune a guitar or bass, yet can't even play. She learned how to set up and tear down a six-piece drum set. She even found that she had a preference with certain types of music gear, and would go buying cymbals all the time, based on sound, bell, etc.

Over the past few years, she's been buying guitars. She bought my PRS, and it was the kind of thing that bordered on an impulse buy. That was after I played it and said that I really, really like it.

She said that the PRS is hers, so if we ever split, she gets it. That's a double-whammy that I don't even think about. But yea, that guitar is hers. I just play it. Sounds fair, and that speaks to the quality of our relationship.

Things are reciprocal, of course. I stand quietly at Michael's while she buys a truckload of yarn for the storage unit. Still waiting on her to knit me one of these. Someday...

2017-Warmest-Winter-Baby-Toddler-Kids-Cartoon-Dog-Knitted-Pullover-Shawl-Scarf-Beanie-Hat-Cap-Headwear.jpg

Last edited:
Back