Any women on this forum?

Women that play guitar SERIOUSLY KICK @$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd like to think so as well. My 10-year-old daughter is starting to take an interest. I've been completely hands off up to now (what kid wants to do anything their parents try to push them into?), but she has been learning a bit in music class at school. She enjoys it and asked me to teach her. I intend to encourage her to be a badass in her own way.

One nice thing is it gives me an excuse to buy more gear! I finally have a Taylor inbound! Okay, it's just a Baby Taylor, but that still totally counts. Kiddo already has a great ear for tone, so junky stuff doesn't cut it for her. Hoping to build a Mustang with her sometime if she sticks with it. Then she can graduate to PRS once she's a bit more grown. She could just play mine, but that's not as much fun, right?

I'd like to think so as well. My 10-year-old daughter is starting to take an interest. I've been completely hands off up to now (what kid wants to do anything their parents try to push them into?), but she has been learning a bit in music class at school. She enjoys it and asked me to teach her. I intend to encourage her to be a badass in her own way.

One nice thing is it gives me an excuse to buy more gear! I finally have a Taylor inbound! Okay, it's just a Baby Taylor, but that still totally counts. Kiddo already has a great ear for tone, so junky stuff doesn't cut it for her. Hoping to build a Mustang with her sometime if she sticks with it. Then she can graduate to PRS once she's a bit more grown. She could just play mine, but that's not as much fun, right?
One of these days you two are going to have a blast playing together. What an opportunity to bond.

3 ladies in my family play guitar, so I’ve never thought of it as a guy thing!

life is far too short to spend it feeding trolls and being treated badly. People think being nasty is their right somehow and I don't get it.

Totally agree! And as was mentioned earlier, some people seem to take hiding behind a computer screen as a license to be an idiot. A license to say things they'd never say to your face for fear of getting punched. LOL

That is quite a guitar, not sure I could sell it.

I try and operate a one in, one out policy but as I convert some of my other guitars to PRS, it gets harder to make a choice of what goes so good luck with that one.

That's exactly the "problem." You try to do the one in, one out, and the next thing you know you've got 29 guitars. Like frickin' rabbits!

That's exactly the "problem." You try to do the one in, one out, and the next thing you know you've got 29 guitars. Like frickin' rabbits!

And then some bright spark suggests you pick the one you don't play often. So you pick that one up and play it. And remember there was a reason why you bought it that isn't so dumb. That's the point when you also find something come up at a great price that you just cannot let pass by. Cue Rabbits :)

That would be my kind of bonus. I wonder if they need any specifically short, female testers to put expensive guitars through their paces, you know, just to cover off every aspect of their design work? :D
You said you were a “software designer”, where in the job description does that cover testing specifically short women?

Not on your level! 3 in 0 out and I couldn’t let any of them go (without a fight)!

I have too much of an attachment to them, 2 were made for me, the S style has been with me for 22 years and the acoustic is just too damn good!

And then some bright spark suggests you pick the one you don't play often. So you pick that one up and play it. And remember there was a reason why you bought it that isn't so dumb. That's the point when you also find something come up at a great price that you just cannot let pass by. Cue Rabbits :)

Ding, ding, ding!

3 ladies in my family play guitar, so I’ve never thought of it as a guy thing!

My wife always thought of it as a guy thing. Most of the boys she knew were into guitar and she wasn't interested in picking it up. When we met as young adults, she told me how she hated guitars. I said, well you'll have to get over that or this ain't gonna work out! She came around. ;)

When I think about it, guitar was always a boys club when I was a teenager. All my friends were musicians, and the girls we knew hated it!

Back