Any Interest In A Periscope Session?

Anyway to watch this without a Twitter account?
I stalled Twitters Periscope on my iPad Air, then when I fired it up it wanted my Twitter login.
Really have no use for Twitter.

I stalled Twitters Periscope on my iPad Air, then when I fired it up it wanted my Twitter login.

Apparently, you can, but I think you need your phone number.

Just set up a Twitter account under a pseudonym and lock the account and never use it...

I have live streaming available on my YouTube account. I have a YouTube partnership so I don't know if it's available for everyone just yet but I might try setting something up with that as a test.. Some kind of lesson in the future. Not for a while though as time is a mere illusion at the moment!

Well...it's not working if you can see the phone but then can't see the neck...or vice-versa...might be time to get some.

Just...trust me on this...don't do stairs with them until you get used to them.

Oh, I'm sure there'd be benefits to having them all the time, but so far, I've got a system that works. It's just a matter of how long I feel like I can keep doing this. Eventually, I'll tire of it.

I just watched the replay - missed it live..

Great job!

How did it feel knowing people were watching? I STILL only play for myself. My wife can hear, but mostly, I don't want anyone watching of listening.

I'm not sure how I would handle someone saying, "can I sniff some blow off your guitar." I'd like to think I'd just laugh and allow that people gave their own agendas and they don't affect of reflect upon me.

Anyway, kudos, brother. You're a braver man than me, Gungadin.

Thanks brother!

It was...weird. I definitely didn't get comfortable with the presentation format. I felt like I was talking 100 miles a minute and at the same time not getting anywhere. But it was definitely fun. It felt like way too much was going on to process it all - I was trying to concentrate mostly on the music, because my intention is to use what I recorded, but I was curious about the comments - I saw that they were there, but I only read maybe three. I think I was only aware of three or four people who were signed in. Like the blow comment - I saw it just as it was fading off, and I had no idea who posted it. Still don't.

Two things that struck me as a little weird. One, I tend to tense up and get very conservative in my playing when the red light goes on. That didn't seem to happen quite as much this time, although I was very self-conscious about really screwing up. It's not the norm that I get 7 or 8 takes with only one horrible screwup. Two, right before I did the broadcast (and right after I tripped the breaker and had to get the lights back on - yay, UPS units!), I was running through the section and tweaking the amp a bit more, and I had a pass at the solo that paid zero attention to how the original goes. I remember thinking it was cool, but I don't have a clue how it was structured. Not a bit. And there was nothing recording. DOH!

I think there is - the app has a link I can use to share it. I'll do that in a few minutes - I have the app on my phone. FWIW, I just got the straight Periscope app. I had to create an account, but I didn't have to actually link it to Facebook or Twitter or anything. Which is good, because I don't have those. Give me a few minutes...

Well, that sucks. I didn't know it would do that. I knew I could delete it.

I can PM you tonight.

Missed it. Saw the thread too late, seems to be gone now. Oh well, I'm following you so I'll get notifications. I never used this before PRS started either. See if I keep up at all. I'm not a big fan of seemingly crap quality of live video streams, so we'll see.

Last edited:
I'm going to transfer it from my phone soon and see how big the file is - if it's not horrible, I'll post it somewheres on the interwebz.

I'm already trying to figure out what to do next. For as big an exhale as I let out afterwards, I'm actually starting to look forward to doing another...

I thought it sounded great Alan. I caught a little of it live when I got the notification but I decided it wasn't best to watch it sitting in a parking lot with my wife waiting to leave. I saw the replay when I got home.

Hey Alan, it sounds really good!

You know, you can get one of those iPhone mics and it might even have more fidelity, if you are into doing this more. Anyway, I like that you're doing this, big time.

So I have a dumb question, what's your PRS cab and head sitting on - another cab or some kind of stand thing?

Finally remembering to respond to this...

Yeah, I have to think about a way to do this with better quality if I'm going to do it on a regular basis. Hell, I wasn't sure I was doing this last one until I actually hit the broadcast button. I think there may be a desktop app - that might let me use the Mbox.

The PRS cab and head (that's the two-channel C) is sandwiched between an Orange Jim Root Dark Terror and an Orange 4 x 12 cab.

Ok, help a brother out here. I went to watch the video above and it says it's not there. Do I need to get an app or something? I know nothing about Periscope. Heard of it of course, but not even sure what it is.

Ok, help a brother out here. I went to watch the video above and it says it's not there. Do I need to get an app or something? I know nothing about Periscope. Heard of it of course, but not even sure what it is.
What little I've seen of Periscope, I think the videos are only available to view for 24 hours or so.

I guess I should have done some research before I asked dumb questions. LOL I just found the thread and of course was going to watch the video. I also saw mention that PRSh did Periscope sessions, so I was going to look into it anyway, just haven't had a chance yet.

Back