Any Interest In A Periscope Session?

alantig

Zombie Four, DFZ
In an effort to push myself out of my comfort zone a little more, and provide motivation for more playing and such, I've been trying to come up with things I can do in line with that. The 2016 Challenge is one of those. My wife keeps pushing me to do a podcast - need a hook to do that, though (and good lord, I missed a golden opportunity for me).

I grabbed the Periscope app because of the PRS content that's being pushed out. (There are a few other things that pique my interest there as well.) Then this idea occurred to me - I've been working on recording a cover of a Vintage Trouble song since just before Christmas (all progress stopped right before my wife's surgery), and I thought, why not Periscope recording the solo? So, if anyone's interested, I'll nail down a time and Periscope it - I'm figuring a handful or two of passes at just the solo section (slightly expanded from the original).

Now, there are plusses and minuses to this for any potential viewers:

Plus: I'll be using my Archon. Good chance to hear it in action.
Plus: I'm thinking SC245 1957/2008. Seems like an appropriate choice. May have to revert to something else.
Minus: You have to hear me play.
Minus: You'll also SEE me play.
Plus: You may learn some colorful new vocabulary.
Minus: If I switch guitars, you're going to see me bend over. You've been warned.

So, if anyone would be interested in something like this, pipe up. I'll nail down a time and post my info if any masochists pop up.

Honestly I didn't pay attention to anything past the idea of you having a podcast.

As usual your wife is right. You're funny as hell, Alan. I'd laugh my sack off listening to a podcast of yours.

How could this be bad? All outcomes would be good and entertaining. Remember Super Dave Osborne? :D

I'm in if the time works out.

About the bending over.. moobs or moon? I want to know which part of the screen to cover.

Keep me posted. I'm interested even though I don't really know about this Periscope thing, or what's required...

How could this be bad? All outcomes would be good and entertaining. Remember Super Dave Osborne? :D

Thanks Boogie. Off to YouTube for a little while!

Honestly I didn't pay attention to anything past the idea of you having a podcast.

As usual your wife is right. You're funny as hell, Alan. I'd laugh my sack off listening to a podcast of yours.

Thank you, sir. If I can figure out a hook, I'm going to give it a shot. Someone beat me to the idea of going though the Kiss catalog song by song. (It's called Pod Of Thunder - one of the guys is on another guitar forum I read. It's very good. And far from reverential.)

How could it be bad? Your speakers could work.

About the bending over.. moobs or moon? I want to know which part of the screen to cover.

Dude, if I had moobs big enough to warn you about, I'd be playing with them instead of posting here!

Keep me posted. I'm interested even though I don't really know about this Periscope thing, or what's required...

I just have an app on my phone. I grabbed it because of the PRS Periscopes, and to force myself into something I've usually not done. I even have Instagram now. Someday, I may even have Twatter and Fakebook!!!

Okay - I think that's more than enough interest. I'll sort out a time and post the details here at least the day before. Maybe as soon as Saturday for it. Just gotta figure it out.

Okay, did a little bit of testing tonight, and I think we're good to go.

Let's shoot for 3:00 PM Eastern tom'w, Jan. 30. I'm @fatmanonguitar on Periscope.

Here's hoping I'm not sitting here at 4:30 thinking, "I was supposed to do something today..."

I'm going to make it available for replay - not sure for how long. Gotta see how that works...

I will make every effort to be there!

I'm going to try to be there myself. Just restrung the 245 (and dinged the headstock in the process - I don't like the vintage tuners so much!). Got the amp pretty well dialed in, figured out how Logic will handle what I'm trying, so I think I'm good to go - as long as I can prop my phone up. Here's hoping my son doesn't trip the breaker again!

I will do my best to be there also...will be on the road with my son so he can work the phone for me. Great idea Alan!

I'll try to make it, or at least watch the replay. Gotta' get Periscope first I guess!

By the way, how would I find this other PRS content you're talking about?

I'll try to make it, or at least watch the replay. Gotta' get Periscope first I guess!

By the way, how would I find this other PRS content you're talking about?

When you get the app, there's a search function. Just search for PRS Guitars - easy to follow. You don't have to follow to see the videos, but if you follow, you get notifications when that person puts up a video.

And yes - replay. Not entirely sure how it works, but the replay will be available for some time. Just not sure how long at this point.

Not sure if this is a good sign or not - I had a dream that Davy Knowles was in, and he kept mocking me because I kept saying "Knowles" when I wanted to say "Grissom".

Back