Any HVAC folks here?

I am having to do the same this week. A shot of refrigerant and it will run nice for a few days then it slowly drops off. The unit is 17 years old and so it is time. I am looking at about 5k to replace the AC and Furnace.

Also my dog broke his leg ( 2 year old Italian Greyhound ) and needed 2 surgeries.

42955342122_d12931c1d1_z.jpg

That was another 7k.....needless to say I didn't make it to EXP'18 because I am broke and it would have been torture!

Good luck!

Poor puppy...hope he makes a full and speedy recovery...

Torture indeed...the struggle is real!

i get it but that move really bummed me out. there is a need for prs people (it’s a thing) to talk about off-brand gear, because i do play a prs through a thd amp and it would be great to not alienate players who use they daddy’s sheraton thru a dg-30, you get me?

James closed the Favorite Guitars That Aren’t PRS thread.

Here's my AC, its either on or off. On during the summer, off during the winter.

NPFkXrg.jpg

+1. Between 24c (75f) and 26c (78f) here today, windows open, nice breeze blowing through the stone built terrace. A sort of Scottish “brownstone”, although it’s really greystone! This is summer for us! It’s what we’re used to.

I was watching a video today where a guy in England was complaining it was so hot: 78 deg, maybe 80 deg F. And all he had was a fan, he was so warm, etc. I was all confuzzled. :confused:

We keep our AC at 79 deg upstairs, and begrudgingly at 77 deg downstairs because a bandmate (who, as he puts it, shops at "Mr Freaky Big"), finds it too warm otherwise, and he is over fairly often. Although the electrostatic wine coolers work more efficiently at that room temp.

We'd keep the house at 80/78 otherwise.

See above, we vary between 15c - 25c at the moment. It’s how we’re made of hardy stuff (haha) ;)

Ugh! Just bought a new “A/C Private Stock” today, install in two weeks. Replaces 15+ year old unit. Bad year for home repair bills in 2018! Hopefully I can take 2019 off from the home repair cycle!

Ugh! Just bought a new “A/C Private Stock” today, install in two weeks. Replaces 15+ year old unit. Bad year for home repair bills in 2018! Hopefully I can take 2019 off from the home repair cycle!

Sh!t, didn't you just do a new roof too?

Sh!t, didn't you just do a new roof too?
All in 2018...

Repaired septic
Replaced Furnance
Replaced zone control board and two electric damper motors
Roof damage repair (whole month of June, insid and outside of house) - took down chimney that was decorative that caused the entire issue
Full roof replacement (next 2-3 weeks).

If it wasn’t for the dang leak, we’d likely get another 5-7 years out of our roof. But th damage triggered replacement of about 25% of our roof line, so we figured might as well do the whole thing.

Back