Announcing: NOS Modern Eagle!

james

Administrator
Staff member
The original Modern Eagle has been described as a Private Stock style production guitar and is representative of the guitar that Paul Smith personally performed with at the time. In addition to these distinctions, these instruments also feature Brazilian rosewood necks and fretboards. Brazilian rosewood has long been considered by musical instrument builders and collectors as a cherished tone wood with extraordinary aesthetic characteristics and rich sustain. Its exceptional tone and quality arguably make Brazilian rosewood the most coveted wood in the music industry.

Each one of these “new old stock” instruments has been updated with “tweaked” Phase II tuners. The fretboards have been cleaned and dressed and the necks oiled. Some retain their original pickups, serial numbers, and the original hang tags are included in the cases (a new hangtag was completed as each instrument was re-cased). Others that were set aside earlier in the manufacturing process will be built to current spec. PRS is pleased to make these instruments available for players and collectors in the United States.

http://www.prsguitars.com/nos_moderneagle

tumblr_mblndiYd4a1revcnfo1_500.jpg

I see that the spec says V12...I don't believe that's the case. I'll change update it when I get back to my computer. Sorry!

Damn Craig! I wanted the faded Blue Jean he's getting......that's ok Your my bud & when you decide to flip it, just let me know!

whats the story behind the NOS?

was it the export problems?

I dream of a red ME with trem. :proud:

Now that's all kinds of cool! Were they guitars that weren't finished or shipped before the BRW embargo?

No solid number yet, still going through old inventory, but not many will be available

Immediate release

Call your dealer for price

I'm confused as to exactly what these are.

Are these pre-owned ME1's that have been reacquired and refined?

Are these newly produced guitars built to ME1 specs with some refinements?

Are these ME1's that were sitting at dealers, were never sold, and have been reacquired and refined? Thus, true NOS.

Are these ME1's that were in production back in the day and for some reason were set to the side and not completed . . . until now?

I'm confused as to exactly what these are.

Are these pre-owned ME1's that have been reacquired and refined?

Are these newly produced guitars built to ME1 specs with some refinements?

Are these ME1's that were sitting at dealers, were never sold, and have been reacquired and refined? Thus, true NOS.

Are these ME1's that were in production back in the day and for some reason were set to the side and not completed . . . until now?
The last option. Put to one side until the provenance of the BRW was confirmed and cleared. The differing states they were left in is reflected in whether it has original spec pickups or newer ones.

Either way, it's cool that these guitars are finally seeing the light of day rather than having some pointless eco-vandalism commited on them! Now if only there could be a commercial solution that encouraged new trees to be planted so that older ones could still be harvested in a ecologically sympathetic way........resulting in a restored BRW tree population - or any other CITES listed species.

Last edited:
Back