Allen wrench screws in bridge saddles are very high, Gen 2 trem.

normondo

Aquired a 2002 CU24 very good condition but the bridge set screws are about to cut my hand. Should the ajustable Allen wrench set screws be sticking up so high n a proper setup? 1/16" bridge height off the body? I should be able to do this myself shouldn't I?

Your action must be absolutely rock bottom. the bridge height sounds correct for the tremelo. It sounds to me that the screws are loose and have backed out. I would recheck your action and intonation, in doing so the set screws will get turned back into the blocks. If you find they back out again, you could apply a bit of hard beeswax to the threads before turning them back into place.

I've never seen that on a PRS. Fender yes, PRS no. Maybe a confused Fender player substituted longer Allen screws? Or maybe as Wakester said your saddles are set way, way low on the bridge plate. I agree the bridge height sounds like it's in spec.

That does not sound normal.

Have you got any photos? (You'll need to post to Imgur or other third-party, and link to them via the Image tool.)

I've never seen that on a PRS. Fender yes, PRS no. Maybe a confused Fender player substituted longer Allen screws? Or maybe as Wakester said your saddles are set way, way low on the bridge plate. I agree the bridge height sounds like it's in spec.
Thanks

hey guys, i was about to fine tune some of the individual saddles on my 03 custom 22. Does anyone know that allen wrench size? It's the smallest/finest of the set, I probably lost it some place and can't find it.

hey guys, i was about to fine tune some of the individual saddles on my 03 custom 22. Does anyone know that allen wrench size? It's the smallest/finest of the set, I probably lost it some place and can't find it.

1.5mm, I believe

Back