All mahogany SE Angelus. Just saw the FB post

Looks like the electronics package is simplified, maybe a lower cost finish... maybe a lower budget SE acoustic? If so, they did a great job cutting cost and still making a great sounding product!

10639444_10153281695535639_6605991595815732395_n.jpg

I dig the one on the left!

Last edited:
The demo sounded really good; I'm assuming they were using the onboard electronics along with the SM57 to capture the acoustic tone?

Very nice. My first acoustic was an all mahogany Guid, about...oh...um...1971...shh..little secret between us pals. ;)

I bought one the Mahogany A10E's. Let me just say WOW. Not only is absolutely gorgeous (I hate natural finishes) but it plays and sounds amazing. There are plenty of $2000 guitars that do not sound as good. I have NEVER played a guitar in this price range that is so balanced (bright mid range, warm low end) - stunning period, let alone for the $$$.

NGD!!!

Ta Da! It happened! My loving wife bought me an SE Angelus A10E in the black finish for Valentine's Day! And threw in a black Levy strap and a folding stage stand to boot.

D00271-front-large_zpsyuticddj.jpg

Using the Sweetwater image, but it is even more gorgeous in my hands. It was in tune right out of the case, out of the box, and out of the box (it was well packed). Only took two days to get to me. Sweetwater rep Sean Geyer was awesome with this. My fingers are a little sore now as I have not been playing acoustic hardly at all lately. That will change, I hate to put it down. The action is perfect. Intonation is spot on. Tone sustains so well that I forget to keep on playing. I just want it to keep on ringing. Such a warm tone... GAS has eased up for now...

Will try to post some of my own pics soon. (If I can put it down long enough)

Last edited:
:rock:

Congrats! Welcome to Club Black A10E! Where every Tuesday and Thursday, and also Fridays and Saturdays, and - whoops, almost forgot to include Mondays and Wednesdays - are Visible Fingerprint Night! Not that you should care about that - it's all about the sound, and the sound is - to quote Sergio - bangin'.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Alan.

Picked up a new amp today, and hooked up to this baby. Oh my, is this ever gonna be fun. Just from the initial short checkout with the reverb there are some sweet tones to be had here. I need more time! Something's gotta give. Not enough hours in the day. Waaaah! :bawling:

Back