Advice on possible trade

Mikeitup

Hey all, new to the site, also new to PRS, picked up a Torero about a month ago. Haven't put it down since, the craftsmanship, and quality is outstanding.
I may have an opportunity to trade my Chinese, Epi Les paul Standard, for a Korean SE Custom 22.....He said he bought it new in 2012 for around $400 CDN
I've had the les paul for quite a few years, and it has been a really great guitar, Looks, and plays really good. I still really like it, but after getting a PRS..... If an SE custom plays half as good as my Les Paul, that would seal the deal.

I think I would make the trade (assuming I couldn't afford to buy the SE Cu22 outright).

The SE CU22 should play better than the Epi LP. I would be very surprised if it didn't.

In any trade, the side that gets the PRS is usually the winner.

(When both sides get a PRS, everybody wins!)
There is no comparison between Epiphone and Prs its the difference between day and night sorry but Epiphone are made in a nasty chinese factory that also makes wood toilet seats (True )what are you waiting for man do the trade

Thank you all for the advice, I am now the proud owner of a SE custom 22.
And, just as I expected, it plays, sounds, and looks Fantastic!
Although it wasn't what I expected, he told me it had a wide thin neck, it didn't, it has a wide fat,
he said he bought it new in 2012, when in fact it was a 2009.
He didn't bother cleaning it up at all.... The amount of dirt was hideous. He said he was putting new strings on it for me, and broke the E string,
so he offered me $20.00 for a new set.. I took it.
After almost 3 hours of cleaning, waxing, polishing, fretboard cleaning/conditioning, new set of Ernie Ball 10-52, Tuning, and adjusting.......
IMG_0212_zpso0tqrnfk.jpg
IMG_0210_zpsxoymf4gx.jpg
IMG_0213_zps5mzbalzx.jpg

Nice! And the previous owner may have indeed bought it new in 2012 - it was just old stock sitting around. I have bought guitars at a good discount that way.

That looks really great, love the color, and those moons are nicely understated (I do love the birds!).

I love my se. youll be surprised how good it plays
Hi if you spend time setting them up in every detail inc the nut ;(change the crappy pots & fit locking tuners you have a very good instrument the best of the budget priced guitars change the pickups and wow! my only gripe is there is no resinace or timbre from the body and its heavy i am concidering having it machined out and made lighter but now i stil love it like you .and i have more very expensive guitars in my collection best of luck stevie.

Hi if you spend time setting them up in every detail inc the nut ;(change the crappy pots & fit locking tuners you have a very good instrument the best of the budget priced guitars change the pickups and wow! my only gripe is there is no resinace or timbre from the body and its heavy i am concidering having it machined out and made lighter but now i stil love it like you .and i have more very expensive guitars in my collection best of luck stevie.

Hey Stevie, thanks, I have to agree on the pickups, they have their own sound that's for sure, I'm really trying to like them..... But I'm sure I'll end up changing them, as far as the nut, tuners and pots, I have no issue with any of them, stays in tune great! A lot better than my les Paul ever did, even a fresh set of broken in strings, bloody Gstring, would always go out. As far as the weight, it's about half the weight of my old les Paul, and much lighter than my Torero, plus I'm usually sitting whilest playing.

I've been a DR string guy for years, they seem to last, but they have a limited gauge sets available....
I really wanted to try a 10-52 heavy bottom light top, Ernie ball had a set for $6.95, still had money left for a six pack!! I really like this set, they will go on all my guitars now
Solid move.
You can get pretty good strings for $20.

Hi thats great try the Ernie Ball hybrids thats what Tom Shultz of The Band Boston uses Semour Duncan does the 85/15 s and cheap; now your "Rockin" keep in touch Stevie

Back