Advice for PRS tour?

moonshine

I'm going to head to the factory with my sons in March for one of the tours that happen on Tues & Thurs.

Has anyone done this before? Any tips or tricks or things to make sure to do?

Sounds like the tour is only 1.5 hours so maybe there are other things to do in the area?

Thanks!

Make sure you make a reservation first, just to be sure they can fit you in.
Yes, the tour is about 1.5 hours and it's very cool. My daughter and I did it a couple weeks ago and we had a great time seeing the great care that goes into every PRS product.
Bonus for her: she has a friend who works there as a sander.

Kent Island has a few places to eat and I think there's a historic area and definitely some water-related sights, although we had to get back home and to work, etc...so we weren't able to stick around to check out what's local.

When you go through the final assembly area, resist any and all temptation to grab a guitar and make a run for it.

The security guard is fast, strong, and he doesn't get his pay docked if a guitar has to be refinished.

When you go through the final assembly area, resist any and all temptation to grab a guitar and make a run for it.

The security guard is fast, strong, and he doesn't get his pay docked if a guitar has to be refinished.
Just go for the Dragon sculptures! Bodia will pay you handsomely. He’s been wanting them as lawn ornaments for quite some time now and don’t be falling for his -20% tactics either!:D;)

Just go for the Dragon sculptures! Bodia will pay you handsomely. He’s been wanting them as lawn ornaments for quite some time now and don’t be falling for his -20% tactics either!:D;)

I'll work on my cardio ahead of time and see what I can grab ;)

I'll work on my cardio ahead of time and see what I can grab ;)
Just remember, lay off the carbs the day before, they’ll slow you down! Cold tea with honey and dried bananas as a snack at the beginning of the tour. By the time you reach the doors, the natural sugars will kick in and give you an edge!o_O

Did the tour in May my wife surprised me for my bday. It was awesome. My son works there sanding the body neck curves so when you see a good looking 21 year old guy on the machine sanding say Hey Joey! I'm sure he will be shocked.

I live in Easton about 30 min past PRS on the PRS side of the bridge. In the immediate area there are a few nice water sights but not much else. Downtown Annapolis is real nice with places to eat.

Enjoy the tour!!!

When I took the tour, I was hoping for free samples :). I was disappointed :(.

One of the guys in our group got to keep a small square of mother of pearl that the bird inlays had been laser-cut from.

Other than that, we got nothing, but that's okay. Just being there was cool enough.

Did the tour in May my wife surprised me for my bday. It was awesome. My son works there sanding the body neck curves so when you see a good looking 21 year old guy on the machine sanding say Hey Joey! I'm sure he will be shocked.

I live in Easton about 30 min past PRS on the PRS side of the bridge. In the immediate area there are a few nice water sights but not much else. Downtown Annapolis is real nice with places to eat.

Enjoy the tour!!!

Great - thank you!

You could always pretend to lose your wallet and wander the factory hours and hours "looking for it."

I wonder if I told them that I lost my guitar until I find just the right one, if that would work too ;)

Back