Adding To The Band

IKnowALittle

I've been playing with my regular, classic rock, cover band for a lot of years now. We get a lot of work. So much that we have to turn some down.

I know that a lot of forum members would "kill" (allegorically) to get the work that we do. I also get work in a bluegrass band (banjo) and an infrequent country rock band, which doesn't really have any relevance to this post.

I don't normally do this, but I threw a little weight and influence to change our third set to include these two songs ... replaced crap like "sweet caroline", so it isn't any loss.

and this ...

Last edited:
I've been playing with my regular, classic rock, cover band for a lot of years now. We get a lot of work. So much that we have to turn some down.

I know that a lot of forum members would "kill" (allegorically) to get the work that we do. I also get work in a bluegrass band (banjo) and an infrequent country rock band, which doesn't really have any relevance to this post.

I don't normally do this, but I threw a little weight and influence to change our third set to include these two songs ... replaced crap like "sweet caroline", so it isn't any loss.

and this ...

I approve of this message.

...and I also own two bluegrass instruments that I don't know how to play. fwiw

That's awesome to hear your band is doing well. Our band is in turmoil right now so I am happy for you.

I am generally an easy going guy but when something or somebody gets in the way of my goals that changes pretty quickly.

Our singer has not been pulling his weight and I finally got tired of it and called him out. It got pretty ugly but the message has sunk in and IF he chooses to step it up things could be ok. His wounds are fresh so time will tell.

I would love to hear your band and that glorious prs studio!

Thx.
We start the third set with Ozzy, then Priest (we do shorten both songs a little), then a mashup in more trad style of JBG and Roll Over Beethoven, then Highway to Hell, Rebel Yell, I Want to be Sedated, Tush and so on.
I'm still using my 2011 Studio exclusively. It's really nice to only have to bring one guitar to a gig. I can't remember the last time I had to switch to a backup, but our main vocalist/rhythm brings a backup so I could use that in a pinch.

Back