About the PRS S2 Standard...

There are still CE24 Standards available. Actually some below MIP. Getting very close to the S2s with a body carve (albeit not as deep as core) and US pickups. Just sayin...
Yes the CE24 is a better guitar, but the cheapest price I found online was around 1500 euros for the CE, and this S2 cost around 950 euros (it was a promotion at Andertons). It was too much of a price difference.

I removed the tremolo since I actually dont use it. The guitar seems to hold tune very well until now.

I bought the bird inlay stickers, Ill upload pics when I install them.

IMG_20170519_142613.jpg

Was left a bit dissapointed, they look a little cheap, it's like.. stickers on a fretboard.

Only 7 bucks, so... whatever :rolleyes:

EDIT: I took more photos with a better digital camera:
SAM_0908.jpg
SAM_0910.jpg

Last edited:
They MAY have "Custom" on the truss rod cover because it was/is a demo guitar that was sent out for reviews, and the "Standard" TRC wasn't ready? Makes sense to me. I have bought 3 S2 Standard 22s and all of them had "Standard" on the TRC.

The one I bought, 2nd hand says Custom. I thought it was the original owner's attempt to "upgrade" then I saw that video.

20170609_222131-jpg.431825

The rest of the guitar looks completely stock.

Maybe the ones that have birds say Custom on the cover, and the ones that say Standard have dots.

The one I bought, 2nd hand says Custom. I thought it was the original owner's attempt to "upgrade" then I saw that video.

20170609_222131-jpg.431825

The rest of the guitar looks completely stock.

What does the rest of the guitar look like? Pickguard or solid white? Chrome covered pups or black with black rings? Zebra coils with black rings?

That standard in white body and black pickguard is pretty dope.... It would be my first choice if I would had bought a Standard 22 paying full price.

I played an S2 Standard Satin unplugged briefly at Guitar Maverick. The black satin has a cool look, felt great, light weight. I'd be tempted by one...

Back