A10E & A30E Comparison?

bigcohoona

big~C
I've scoured the ol Web and can't seem to find a good A/B on these two.

Any experience with both on the forum?

I've been close to pulling the plug on either of these for a while and with the price drop I think it's time (even though I'm pretty sure it's because an S2 line is coming out!)

I normally go with a spruce / rosewood combo (at least on my Taylors & McPhersons) but every video with the A30 it just sounds overly articulate and somewhat too pronounced for the strumming I do. Every video of the A10 I've been able to find from high to low quality I've loved the tonality and have been surprised that it sounds like my 15 year old Spruce & Rosewood Taylor 710ce. Great highs, excellent lows... even though I'm sure the compression will be different and I'll have to dig a little less than I'm used to, I think tonally it is a closer match... surprisingly to me, perhaps it's the difference in shape & bracing to my Taylor's dreadnaught. I'm not used to a Hog having the range I'm hearing. I also normally get an Ebony neck if I have the option.... great choices at such a low price point.. and with a bone nut!

Thanks for the feedback, would love to hear your thoughts on it! Any other rumors on an Acoustic S2?

~C

Last edited:
Back