A little something I wrote and recorded

jjpish68

Ok so I'm sticking it all out here...

This is something I wrote and recorded. I played all guitar parts, bass and vocals. Now I'm not a singer but sometimes you just have to work with what you got.

Used my PRS CU24 on this one.

Please feedback would be appreciated. I posted this on another guitar forum last night and 200 people viewed post and one guy gave feedback lol. Even if you think it totally sucks I'm OK with that I'm a big boy, would rather hear that than crickets.

So here it goes..... oh and it might have a slight political undertone

https://soundcloud.com/luke-eddie-4x4/and-for-eight-the-great-divide

I'm with Rider. I thought Pink Floyd right off the bat. Music and lyrical content. Well done!

Sounds nice! If Neil Young and Bob Dylan can get paid to sing, your voice is more than good enough.:)
Did you record the acoustic part with a piezo pickup direct? If you have even an inexpensive condenser mic, it can make a huge difference to the quality of an acoustic guitar track compared to a piezo. Then double track it left and right and you've got the sound of "Dogs".

Keep up the good work!

Sounds nice! If Neil Young and Bob Dylan can get paid to sing, your voice is more than good enough.:)
Did you record the acoustic part with a piezo pickup direct? If you have even an inexpensive condenser mic, it can make a huge difference to the quality of an acoustic guitar track compared to a piezo. Then double track it left and right and you've got the sound of "Dogs".

Keep up the good work!

Thank you goat-n-gitter

I did use my hummingbird pro directly into Audiobox. I do have a small condenser I will give that a try.

Very nice! I got that Floyd vibe right off the bat also. what's next??

Thank you toothace. I do have another that I’m finagling up. A buddy of mine from high school I haven’t seen in more than 20 years sent me some lyrics he wrote and asked if I could do something with them. It is about done I will post up when ready.

Back