A little more history

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, Brian. I guess we all needed to acknowledge the past before we could face the future.

It has been said in this thread already but it bears repeating... Everyone who comes to this forum, regardless of the past, starts with a clean slate.

Hans said:
Thank you, Brian. I guess we all needed to acknowledge the past before we could face the future.

It has been said in this thread already but it bears repeating... Everyone who comes to this forum, regardless of the past, starts with a clean slate.

Werd...

Hans said:

That's what I'm talking about...
Hans on! :D

After starting this thread I took a long nap (tough day at work), I just woke up! :D

Thanks to Jamie, Hans and Brian for explaining what really happened. And for providing evidence that this forum is administered by adults who are good people. The clue train has pulled into the station.

This is a good and necessary forum.

This thread has served it's purpose as far as I am concerned, I should have prefaced the OP with "I think this is what happened." :D

PS
I guess the administration of PRSF has changed, it's very difficult to get banned over there. :)

dmatthews said:
Dan Desy said:
Let's not forget I was the first one banned from there, on the first day it opened...
Just saying, with pride :)

If anybody's curious, that's where the whole "Ban Dan" joke started.

Dan, it is my sincere wish that this is exactly what needs so very much to be forgotten sir.
Peace brothers.

Oh, come on, it's a funny story and I'm just having fun.
Besides, who would I be to this community without that anecdote?

Dan Desy said:
dmatthews said:
[quote="Dan Desy":17t0wybp]Let's not forget I was the first one banned from there, on the first day it opened...
Just saying, with pride :)

If anybody's curious, that's where the whole "Ban Dan" joke started.

Dan, it is my sincere wish that this is exactly what needs so very much to be forgotten sir.
Peace brothers.

Besides, who would I be to this community without that anecdote?[/quote:17t0wybp]
I'm jiggy with that.
;)

Dan Desy said:
Besides, who would I be to this community without that anecdote?
I know Dan just well enough to say that he is definitely not trying to start trouble, stir the pot, or create divisions. It's more of an "inside joke" thing, that spontaneously happened on the BaM page. "Ban Dan" became a catch phrase, and it morphed into his online identity on the site.

I'm not arguing whether he should or shouldn't bring it up here, but I will testify that he isn't trying to cause problems.

That being said: BAN DAN! DO IT NOW, BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!

JMintzer said:
I will respond for "correctness only", and not comment on some of the other things...

mgman said:
At one time there was a PRS Forum, it was a long time ago and I do not know the name of it. There was a feud or schism within it that resulted in its death.

Back in 1999, Brian Scherzer created the PRS Forum. It was done with the knowledge and permission of PRSH (and the company). They were allowed to use trademarked images (such as the PRS Eagle) on the site.

After almost 5 years, Brian decided to close that site. The reasons are his, I know what they were, but I'll not delve into that.

The former members started at least two other boards; BAM and PRSForums. There were hurt feelings :( on both sides. Both forums were active for many years, BAM folded and PRSF is still thriving.

Somewhat true.

Soon after the original PRS Forum closed, someone (who was not a member of that original PRS Forum), opened up PRS Forums. Many were upset that they chose such a similar name, and it caused much confusion.

Soon after that, BaM was started by a former PRS Forum Member.

Many old timers went to BaM, and many (me included) went to both sites.

Unfortunately, the original Admin banned many, many, former BaM members (including me) and the bad blood began.

[quote:1gmawwwm]Two posts made this morning have lead me to believe that some of the bad blood still exists:
I POSTED:
mgman wrote
:I'm also happy to be here, this is great!
I also spend time at the Non-BAM PRS Forum. The folks here appear to be oblivious to its existence. It has a large international membership.

TheMike Responded:
"If it's the forum I think your talking about, we're not oblivious - just pretend it doesn't exist :twisted: :lol:"

It is time to move on, open our minds and get positive. Members of both forums are registering here. Some of them know PRSH and many have invested enormous amounts of time, money and love for their PRS guitars. You have talked to them at Experience. They live in Maryland, DC, Toronto, Spain, Portugal, Japan, Poland, Scandinavia and other places around the world

A mind is a terrible thing to close. Serious attempts by either group to dominate this forum will be met with pity. There is only one "We" here. :D

That said, there is plenty of room for everyone. Just setting the record straight...
Jamie[/quote:1gmawwwm]

Thanks for straightening things out. In 1999 I had just retired from the USMC and was finishing college. It seems like ancient history now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back