A different perspective on 57/08 pickups now being offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took your OP to intimate that you had the position that Paul said "never" with the intention of deceiving buyers and knowing that he would use the pups in other guitars and eventually market them individually.

I have had the good fortune to meet the man on several occasions. I have lost count how many times I have heard him speak and how many times I have toured and visited the factory.

That gives me a perspective that I feel as though I know the man, his motivations and the company. The idea that he would intentionally lie to sell one limited run of guitars is beyond preposterous.

Other forum members have similar and even deeper insights into the man and the company.

So, you might see why a post accusing Paul of lying and deception didn't fly very well for the start.

As for criticisms, the forum is full of it. People have opinions and complaints about the company that are closely held. And they do post them. Sometimes they get support, sometimes they get push back.

Personal attacks on Paul tend to be more in the push back category.

I'm going to go on very faded memory (many beers ago) but... Weren't the original 5708 pups made with the original 50's wire from Gibson? Isn't that what your pups are azfarrier?
If so, you truly have something never to be faithfully reproduced ever again. True original classics.

I've been wrong before... getting up this morning was questionable...:D

Well, as I said I wasn't going to post anymore on this subject, even before I knew what pie meant. I am a little surprised though at how quickly "pie" came up on the thread. It would lend me to believe that any criticism is not allowed on this forum. Too bad. I think talking with people of differing opinions is how we learn from each other.

Sorry, I didn't mean that yours wasn't a valid concern, or point. I was more concerned at the possibility of devolvement of the thread. It's a touchy subject. I, for one, have no problem with them being on the open market. I get your point, but just happen to disagree. In my mind, the only people that lose here are those selling them for $400 on Reverb or Ebay.

I get principle too. I am a firm believer in principle. Like you, I have done things on principle that may have had less than desirable results. But, if we're talking about principle, and giving your word, lets look at how many people have uttered these words, and not lived up to them.

I, ____, take you, ____, to be my lawfully wedded (husband/wife), to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part.

I have friends that have spoken those words, and not kept their part of the bond. I don't turn my back on them though, principle or not.

Thanks rugerpc. I will. My first PRS is my avatar. 20th anniversary Artist singlecut with an awesome flamed one piece top. I'm leaving town for a few days but will post pics of it and my others when I get home.

That's a great first!!!

I have one of the CU24 2008 - 57/08 and it is a stellar guitar , I have had other limited run PRS guitars before and like those this one has a little something extra ( IMHO ) and I firmly believe that
the older 57/08s are better sounding than the current version ( the ones I have compared ) and the 57/08s that I have tried have varied in output and tone if you have a great set be happy !!!!

I got my 57/08s from the PTC in '09....for FREE. Well, I did have to buy another guitar.

I guess I didn't really even think about the exclusivity of the 57/08s.

For the record, i agree with the OP. Words matter.
U can bend it, shape it, anyway you want, but at the end of the day, Paul and PRS didn't honour their word or commitment. Don't understand how this is confusing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back