594 SC suffering from static crackle

KAT

Hello,

I have had an issue with a 594 SC generating crackling noise from just running my hands up and down the neck of the guitar.

I had a custom 24 that didn't have the problem and I have a hollowbody II with the same pickups that doesn't have the problem as well.

Any advice on what I can do to fix the issue?

Thanks,
K

Hello,

I have had an issue with a 594 SC generating crackling noise from just running my hands up and down the neck of the guitar.

I had a custom 24 that didn't have the problem and I have a hollowbody II with the same pickups that doesn't have the problem as well.

Any advice on what I can do to fix the issue?

Thanks,
K
I can't help you other than to say if you add more details, i.e. what is the humidity in your space like, does it happen in other places, anything relevant that could help members here deduce what the problem might be.

I can't help you other than to say if you add more details, i.e. what is the humidity in your space like, does it happen in other places, anything relevant that could help members here deduce what the problem might be.

Humidity is pretty comfortable, its rainy outside today so 60-70? Room is carpeted, it happens in other places with other amps, never happens with the other guitars. With the volume turned up the 594 seems to hum/buzz a lot more than the other guitars but always gets quiet if I touch the screws on the pickups or the output jack or the guitar strings. Crackles when moving my hand up the neck, no matter if I use a g10 or plug directly into an amp.

Got a lot better as humidity increased but never was completely crackle free.

TIA,
K

Last edited:
Humidity is pretty comfortable, its rainy outside today so 60-70? Room is carpeted, it happens in other places with other amps, never happens with the other guitars. With the volume turned up the 594 seems to hum/buzz a lot more than the other guitars but always gets quiet if I touch the screws on the pickups or the output jack or the guitar strings. Crackles when moving my hand up the neck, no matter if I use a g10 or plug directly into an amp.

Got a lot better as humidity increased but never was completely crackle free.

TIA,
K
I would contact PRS or your dealer, but if you have a multimeter check for a cold solder joint on the ground connections.

Back