58/15 LT - wire question

boogieman75

Hello all, I just purchased a set of the 58/15 LT and I noticed that they have 3 wires and a ground (White, Black and Red) This set came out of a Custom 24. But all of the images I have seen posted they have only been in a 2 wire configuration.

Is that normal?

Thanks!

Hello all, I just purchased a set of the 58/15 LT and I noticed that they have 3 wires and a ground (White, Black and Red) This set came out of a Custom 24. But all of the images I have seen posted they have only been in a 2 wire configuration.

Is that normal?

Thanks!
Some of the guitars with the 58/15LT didn't have a coil tap (push/pull), and those had the two wire. I just learned that there were two types recently. I haven't had much luck in finding a set of either version at a reasonable price!

Those are fairly uncommon since 58/15 are usually found with braided shielding in guitars with VVTT controls. While not impossible to wire, 5 way switch in Custom models doesn’t lend itself to wiring with single conductor so the usual PRS 3 conductor makes sense.

The covered 53/10’s in my P22 are 3 conductor as well.

Normal for PRS pickups made for a blade switch. Like Malloc said, an LT set like that is rare.

Red and Black are your start/finish wires, white is the tap wire, and bare is shield.

I don't have any experience with LT's in that format, but I am going to assume they are done the same as the other pickups in Customs and are reverse polarity. So, white would be hot for bridge and black would be hot for neck.

Back