58/15 LT pickups

Rob Reesor

I'm a new forum member and this is my first post. My apologies, in advance, if this has been asked and answered. I've searched, but to no avail.

I've just purchased a new McCarty 594 Artist Package. Most pictures I've seen show these guitars with "58/15 lt" engraved on the pickup covers. Mine, however, does not have this engraving. This is ok by me, but I'm wondering if anyone knows why some have this engraving and others do not.

Thanks!

It should say 58 15 LT. If you bought it used, pull the pups and see what is written on the back. It should be there as well. If you bought it new, ??? I never heard or seen any 58 15 LTs that were not marked so.

It should say 58 15 LT. If you bought it used, pull the pups and see what is written on the back. It should be there as well. If you bought it new, ??? I never heard or seen any 58 15 LTs that were not marked so.
Thanks for the input. I did buy it new. I just looked at some pics at Sweetwater and I see that some have the engraving and some don't.

In fact I think I saw more without than with. Maybe they're not engraving the most recent ones.

You have the guitar in hand and the pickups are not engraved, or are you going by photos? If the latter, the engraving is a detail that easily gets lost in photographs.

You have the guitar in hand and the pickups are not engraved, or are you going by photos? If the latter, the engraving is a detail that easily gets lost in photographs.

Good point. I had a hard time getting the \m/ to show up on pics I took of the Santana I put them in.

Yours may have come with the regular non LT pickups, which IMO is better because they have a little bit more juice.

Definitely not engaged. Sweetwater conntacted PRS and apparently the lack of engraving was an oversight in the build process. The will engrave them if I send the guitar to them. I guess if I ever sell the guitar in the future, having them engraved might be good - less confusing to a buyer. But, I hate to ship the guitar for something I don't care too much about. I may just pop the pickups out, check the back to make sure they are LT's and leave it alone. Thoughts?

Maybe you could arrange to simply send only the pickups back for engraving (or maybe just a swap), then have it wired back up at your location (with PRS covering the bill). Beats shipping the whole guitar and case, IMO.

Yes - good ideas. I suggested that they just send a couple of engraved covers and I could replace them someday if I decide it matters.

Personally, the engravings add nothing to the guitar in my eyes. The lack of them makes the guitar slightly more unique. I`ve played for 50 years without engraved covers. I used to fill in the SD with a sharpie when I had that name written on the pickups themselves.

I just bought a new McCarty 594 and my pickups don't have the engraving as well.

update after close inspection...the engraving is there.

Last edited:
Back