57/08 treble bleed

Eric Tetz

I put 57/08s in a '91 PRS. Overall, I like them better than the original pickups, except that rolling the volume just kills the tone; turns into pure mud. I used to heavily use rolling the volume knob to get clean tones, and it worked great with the previous pickups. These are so muddy with the volume rolled I've started using more channel switching to compensate.

I've read that a treble bleed circuit is the solution. Does someone know a wiring diagram that fits my setup? 1 volume, 1 tone (push-pull coil tap), and 3 way selector. What cap values should I use? I have a git on Saturday and would like to try to wire this up tomorrow if possible.

Rider1260 said:
You didn't say what model you had

I didn't think it was relevant because all of the original electronics are gone.

It had a 5 way rotary with dragon pups, now it has a 3 way toggle, push-pull tone pot, and 57/08s. Do you know which of those diagrams would best apply to that setup?

I was hoping to find a capacitor today, because I have a gig on Saturday. Do you know what a 100pf capacitor would do? Would that create or less treble bleed? That's all I can find locally at the moment.

Back