513s

Did we all see this? WOW!

216032-1.jpg

Some sweet axes...
This is the new one. It's a 515 piezo with a DGT carved neck. The neck is finished in satin nitro and the body is V12.

WOW. But it´s a 513 thread :D
Would you be so kind as to explain the layout a little bit? All the nice potis and switches.

This is a Swiss Army Knife with strings indeed!

WOW. But it´s a 513 thread :D
Would you be so kind as to explain the layout a little bit? All the nice potis and switches.

This is a Swiss Army Knife with strings indeed!
This is the Ghost System layout...
Switchlayout.jpg
The rest is just the same as a stock 513, only the 5 way switch has been rewired to give you neck and bridge PUps together rather than the middle pick up alone. Hence, 515 instead of 513.

Thank you. I realized the MIDI plug in.
Personally I only let PRS add a piezo system to a 513 and a additonal switch for changing the coil positions in the coil pairs (neck or bridge side). And of course make the trem with up-routing.

Question addressed to the PRS Staff or experts:

Would you name a few details regarding 513 pickup specs likewise type of wire, amount of windings, and DC resistance.

Thanks in advance!

Question addressed to the PRS Staff or experts:

Would you name a few details regarding 513 pickup specs likewise type of wire, amount of windings, and DC resistance.

Thanks in advance!
All hidden behind the proprietary plastic black wall. Good luck with getting PRS to tell you the details. They haven't in over 10 years. I did measure DC resistance at the jack for all models at one point. Then, I lost the chart somewhere. It varies by models. The brighter models with the maple necks and swamp ash bodies have a few more winds on them. If I remember, the DC resistance of the singlecoils is about 50% higher than a Strat, roughly 6 to 7k on single coils, 8 to 10k on clear humbucking, and 12 to 14k on modern humbucking. That's what I remember.

All hidden behind the proprietary plastic black wall. Good luck with getting PRS to tell you the details. They haven't in over 10 years. I did measure DC resistance at the jack for all models at one point. Then, I lost the chart somewhere. It varies by models. The brighter models with the maple necks and swamp ash bodies have a few more winds on them. If I remember, the DC resistance of the singlecoils is about 50% higher than a Strat, roughly 6 to 7k on single coils, 8 to 10k on clear humbucking, and 12 to 14k on modern humbucking. That's what I remember.

THANK YOU!
In 2014 somebody opened a thread regarding PRS PU specifications. But 513 weren´t listed.

I´m awfully sorry posting after my last post directly.

I was about to support g.wizz procuring wooden back plates.
I has been very difficult tasking the trader who´s famous for his wooden PRS replacement parts worldwide.
I received no answer regarding my notes. Customer threats with an order. Hide yourself!!!
Anyways.

I called a friend. He fulfilled the job very quick.

The already known frontside with wooden parts (tips made of EIRW, tuner buttons made of ebony):

w3-1Jg717kuJdt2yMDw6TIk7XkDFk5BYXpIR7709q2I=w1727-h971-no

... and the new backside with EIRW back plates.

iixjLz5fu-81PTn5ZV3ZvYh6qHTo3q6CK--s9iMxY0A=w1727-h971-no

Last edited:
WOW Mart...

The plates look gorgeous, I wonder how mine would look with the solid IRW neck :cool:

Thanks a million for your help... Can't wait

Since I just joined the 513 club last week I thought I'd add my newest guitar to this thread. This is becoming my favorite guitar. It's so versatile with all the different tones you can get out of it.

PRS 513 Artist Package in Blood Orange. Artist grade quilt top with a Pattern regular neck, Brazilian rosewood fingerboard and figured maple neck.

I got it from Willcutts and haven't taken my own pics yet so I'll just use theirs.

Since I just joined the 513 club last week I thought I'd add my newest guitar to this thread. This is becoming my favorite guitar. It's so versatile with all the different tones you can get out of it.

PRS 513 Artist Package in Blood Orange. Artist grade quilt top with a Pattern regular neck, Brazilian rosewood fingerboard and figured maple neck.

I got it from Willcutts and haven't taken my own pics yet so I'll just use theirs.

Nice axe!

What a guitar!
The grain of the top is astonishing.
Blood Orange and golden hardware are not my features of choice.
And without CITES it would be difficult to take it with a Brazzi RW board to Europe.

I did some cleaning job on my 513. Therefore I unscrewed my pickups. I was curious, if all the involved employees signed the pickup compartment. And the sticker imprint was to be found out.
Here are the intel facts of Sherlock 513:

bl08Z_XyDY2g1Jq1gc8rqf_mSTC9rIc0dN_3vnzaqH4=w1723-h969-no

DLM3kV0b4ETaSv_fUm16d87MSHhIs-OrxW5xf13YNCc=w546-h969-no

f1UxMHqGSZxvCWCQVdlmFH5-fVu1yrGypXOFFxddaL4=w1723-h969-no

U_vPdWMJGmabDHBT6aOSVk9DN0stYh6UOK8bgXIJUFE=w1723-h969-no

SmO3lhOymZb-dEl8cIM_2u63HBo6kmKwKnrunm_dguQ=w1723-h969-no

YK57GYglHbmkbkrAQD4lTklF0t5ZpZAZlXYwShGnabM=w546-h969-no

Eu8MKjzI6MnkMO9eO_oHWK9gv8Hs88vwTYORG8zFUh0=w1723-h969-no

_krO0P9wghL-y3mvIJsML4MJALnjVWytEGJ2hxgu2a8=w546-h969-no

Due to the fact that my 513 isn´t a real core line model, some certain things might be different to actual ones.
The modification from PCB to hand wiring required special shielding measures because of the buzz. In coincidence a 2014 513 with hand wiring was brought in by customer´s complaint of such annoying buzz/noise.
Converting my 513 from PCB to hand-wiring my 513 suffered from this indication, too.
It took a few month to solve the problem by implementing different technical solutions by a comprehensive approach of Factory´s R&D-Team, the PTC and the Crew in UK.

Back