513s

The Edge - as I remember - used to play VOX AC30 amps.

On of his pedal boards is depicted here: http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/u2-exclusive-the-edges-stage-setup-revealed-223342

https://www.andyguitar.co.uk/online-lessons/how-to-sound-like-the-edge-from-u2-with-or-without-you/

I recommend to use either the 2nd or 4th blade switch position, mode switch on singlecoil, try to adjust brightness, snappiness, drive by turning the volume knob of the 513 to a certain extent.
The middlepickup alone may work aswell for that. You should hit the strings right away from the bridge.

Agree - 4th position on single as Edge uses this position. The sustained guitar can use a Ebow or effects as per the Sounds Like vid

Why are you writing all that @Dancing Frog ? Might make me want to try a 509, but I wanna be disappointed the 513 is gone :(
Do you by any chance have a comparison of the SC Mode of the 509 and a Brushstroke 24 (or Paul's Guitar, they both have the narrow Version of the 408 PU's)?
And you know, if you say they're all different it'll make me wanna try the 509 ;)

I have a Brushstroke 24, a 408 , and a 513 - ( love them all for different reasons )

The narrow 408s are very clear and to me the switch between Full Bucker and SC ( its not really single coils its just less turns on the second coil ) is mostly tone and can be very subtle , some of the best tones on a 408 style guitar is using BOTH pickups and going between modes.
I believe the 408 , Pauls , Brushstroke 24 are at heart hum bucker guitars that when split give you a bit extra brightness

Ah the 513 where to start, I love the heavy mode , not because I play heavy I like the thick darker tone of the bridge hum bucker then with a quick flip of the upper switch go to single coil mode the 513 bridge single coil is the best single coil I have EVER played the SC tones are better ( IMHO ) than the 305
also the 25 1/4 scale and the 513 neck carve ( I still say its similar to the 594 ) all that meat on the neck is soooo comfy
Now if you could do the 509 with the single coil mode and the Heavy bucker mode you would have my attention :)

All I can say is I am glad that PRS has gone out on a limb with these designs and I am a fan now I could use a single cut with any or all of the above pickups :)

20171023_215749_001-jpg.586741

20171023_184250-jpg.586696

The one or the other aswell member of Facebook´s PRSGOW may saw my pic today evening (or morning, depending on the place your are living). I´m living very close to Crazyparts (famous for aged parts, but aswell for Private Stock known spare parts). A few days ago I posted a pic of my 513 with detail of the Baltic Sea Amber Style knobs and EIRW tips for switches and the vibrato arm. Then I checked the web-catalog of Crazyparts and noticed they´ve got such tips available in those Baltic Sea Amber Style. Today I called Andy, if he he would be there for a visit.
He was, doing some aging in his workshop. I´m very pleased with the result.
Way ahead: Currently material isn´t available. If they get tuner buttons in this shade in stock, I´ll check them for deciding whether I buy them or not.

And the night after, still appriciating the recently done small mods.

dscn3204-jpg.586784

Last edited:
20171023_215749_001-jpg.586741

20171023_184250-jpg.586696

The one or the other aswell member of Facebook´s PRSGOW may saw my pic today evening (or morning, depending on the place your are living). I´m living very close to Crazyparts (famous for aged parts, but aswell for Private Stock known spare parts). A few days ago I posted a pic of my 513 with detail of the Baltic Sea Amber Style knobs and EIRW tips for switches and the vibrato arm. Then I checked the web-catalog of Crazyparts and noticed they´ve got such tips available in those Baltic Sea Amber Style. Today I called Andy, if he he would be there for a visit.
He was, doing some aging in his workshop. I´m very pleased with the result.
Way ahead: Currently material isn´t available. If they get tuner buttons in this shade in stock, I´ll check them for deciding whether I buy them or not.
Absolutely fantastic my friend.

That looks like two different guitars. Not that that's unlikely with you.

Oops!

Good eye surge protector!

It is indeed two different 513s. I still have the Mother Nature/BRW one, but the photo of the back is from a 513 that ditched me years ago. I’ll have to get my camera back out and reshoot, if I can get my 513 to stand still.

She stood still. Here’s the genuine rascal:

Last edited:
Did this image get removed? I'm curious as to what it is now!

No. Sometimes they don't show up. I think it's usually been with Google Images, IIRC. I can't see it on my PC. I'll have to check the iPad. Sometimes they show up on one, but not the other.

@jchix, I still see it depicted :). It's a pitty, that this engine currently doesn't allow to upload files but only to put in links.

@Snoopygore71, ongoing highlighting the benefits of playing 513 shows first success? I appreciate this very much.

And I arrived in theatre two days ago, will stay for a very couple of months, currently proceeding HoTo (handover-takeover) with my predecessor.

In my luggage was - beside my battle dress - my PRS camo cap.

20180218_085649-jpg.611795

Last edited:
Back