Jimmy Bayard

Hi everyone, I picked up a used 513 and the pickups were replaced, as was the quick link cable. I'd like to get it back to factory original spec and I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can buy those things.

I was able to find a neck pickup (miraculously through ebay), but I need the middle and the bridge.

In the control cavity, the PCB is still intact, it's just been bypassed. I've exchanged emails with the service folks at PRS and they want me to send them the guitar and have them install everything (at a premium price). I'm a savvy guitar tech, I just need the pickups and the cable. Anyone out there have a set sitting in a box somewhere? I'd even buy the whole set of you have it. Willing to pay what they are worth, I just don't want to pay someone hundreds of dollars to ship it to Maryland, install fees, and then pay the shipping back. Let me know. Thanks!

Hi Garrett, they replaced them with Fralins, and they sound good, but I don't get any of the switching options like the 513 is supposed to have.

I seen a bunch of threads out there on other sites about people replacing the pickups, so I'm just hoping that those folks that did replace them, saved them and are willing to sell them. That's how I picked up the 513 neck pup on Ebay.

It's not quite a unicorn, but it's close, and I figured this was a good place to look. Fingers crossed!

I think the hundreds of dollars, install fees, and shipping is “what they’re worth” unfortunately for you.

I mean, where are you gonna find that stuff? I guess you could always buy another 513 and rape it for parts.

I have no problem paying $500-$600 for the replacement pickups, but I'm not going to pay another $500 to ship it and have them install it. I found the neck pickup on Ebay for $30. I'd rather wait and buy them piece meal.

I've only been here a few years but haven't seen much about people pulling the pickups out of a 513. I'm sure you'll find them, just might take a while.

Thanks for the encouragement. I can wait a bit. I've got quite a few other PRS' that will get the spotlight until then :)

I'd love to see some pics. I can't remember if I've even seen one where someone replaced the pickups. Did they pair up two singles in the neck and bridge?

I suggest just enjoying it for the bastardized guitar that it is. There is no shortage of regular 513's out there for sale, if that's what you want. It's going to take some real effort (time, patience, and/or money) to return yours to stock.

Back