5 Way Rotary and Sweet Switch

VoxAC30HW2

This is just a question why is it so hard to get a 5 Way Rotary and a
Sweet Switch from the factory?

Where I got the guitar the person bought some 5 way Rotary
switches and some Sweet Switches from a local music store
that went out of business. The person tech could do the work.

This is just a question why is it so hard to get a 5 Way Rotary and a
Sweet Switch from the factory?
Once a part is no longer used in production, we begin to phase that part out of the accessories department after a few years. We still have some of the pc board 5 way switches available, but the old wafer style switches are long gone now. The sweet switch was phased of our production over 25 years ago, so unfortunately we no longer carry stock of that part.

Is the Sweet Switch available from the manufacture you all bought them from back then? The early 1993 Custom 22 I owned came with one but I never took it out and I left it as a 3-way, Mast. vol/tone and Sweet Switch.
I can't find anything from the RCA # I have: EPA 756 0608 C1H
I've been trying to find the business card that Jack Higgenbottom gave me so I could email him. We have a history that goes back to 1999 NAMM. Bonni Lloyd was also my friend back in those days when she did artist relations.

TonMan1 my Custom 22 is from 1995 and it has a 5 way Rotary when it was first built
and someone changed it to the 3 way switch and change the Tone with a push pull.
Now that I own the the first thing I did today was to change the Strings from 10-46
to 9-42 I like the way the 9's play better. A friend of mine know Jack Higgenbottom
real good. I like the 5 way Rotary and Sweet Switch that's my choice and the person
who I got the guitar from his tech will do the work on the guitar in two parts. The 5
way Rotary first parts then for the second part the Sweet Switch. So what does the
Sweet Switch really in each position on the 5 way Rotary?

Stew-Mac sells the old style 5-way switch. Put one in my Custom 24.

The original rotary was a "off the shelf" item in the early days. I know whomever Paul buys them from now is custom making them for PRS to Paul & Jack's specs. There are some good ones on the market now, but the PRS version 5-way is to Paul's specs. One thing I've always admired about Paul is his quest to improve his guitars and the parts they use. One time I flew out from L.A. for a Family event and I spent our last day the Herndon, Va. driving over to the original factory in Annapolis on Virginia Ave. and Paul introduced me to all the folks there & showed me how it was all done and then we drove out to the new factory which was under construction and we had lunch. He's so enthuisiastic . We talked about pickups for a good while as I'm sort of a vintage PAF snob/nut. But his attitude is contagious. I know he's spent years trying to make the best parts even better and the most musical they can be.. What was it.. the "21 Rules of Tone"..

I did find a 5 way Rotary and sweet switch the person who I got the guitar
from has them. There was local music store that was going out of business
and this guy bought the remaining stock. I don't know why the person put in
a 3 way switch and a push pull on the Tone control. The 5 way Rotary was on
the guitar when it was built. So the guitar has already been modded.

Back